following on from the ebay thread these deserve a thread of their own

My never ending quest for speakers may be over,(well at least till next pay day)i bought these last night,they were local to me and boy are they good.
A few years ago i bought some pageant series 2's and for their size and cost they were great,since then ive always lusted over the illusive Signfer model,Mordaunt Shorts top of the range speaker back in the day.

As i was flicking through gum tree they jumped out screaming BUY ME!
The next evening i was staring at them in the flesh.
First impression was their are huge,they make my ditton 66's look anorexic, my monitor audio 952's look like dolls house speakers.
The seller fired up his sony x555es cd player for me to listen and i was bowled over by them.
They simply sound stunning,the best ive heard to date,they beat the ditton 66's,the bass is better defined,you can hear bass guitar notes clearly,the mid and hf is very smooth and detailed too,just as i was enjoying the 952 md's i fear they won't get a look in now.i couldn't wait to get home today to fire them up again.

I have the original bill of sale,stands and boxes,they have been well looked after by previous owners and re-foamed by lockwood audio.
happy days!

cheers to jez and geoff for the info