+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from New Zealand

I'm Phil.

Default Hi from New Zealand

Hi everyone

I have a vinyl only system which I have had for many years. In 1983 I 'invested' in a pair of Meridian M2 active speakers which are still very much the pride of my sound system. They were a huge investment when I was 23 but they have served me well since and have recently been restored and refinished..
    The front end uses a 17d Dynavector cartridge with an E.A.R 834P phono stage (with volume control) wired directly into the M2 speakers.
    The turntable is a Rega Planer 2 turntable. This is a very simple system with no preamp, just a phono stage and speakers.

I am in the stage of upgrading my current system although not completely replacing it. I have recently replaced the original Meridian preamp with the E.A.R phono stage which has been a nice upgrade.

I hope the members can help as I would like some advice on what upgrades can be undertaken to the old power amps in the back of the speakers. Similar to 101's I believe. I had intended to send them back to the UK Meridian Repair Shop to be 'reconditioned' however sadly they have just recently closed.

Cheers

Matblack

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Phil
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Welcome to AoS Phil. Sure you will get plenty advice from our knowledgeful members
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Phil. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you listen to. There's a lot of input here about music as well as audio.

If you want advice about the Meridian speakers, I'd suggest starting a thread in the Past Masters section. I'm sure members can advise.

Feel free to join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Phil,

Hope you can get your M2s fixed, they are excellent speakers.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread