+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from long time hifi nut

I'm Marcus.

Default Hello from long time hifi nut

Barbieboy is a tricky one to answer, but relates to the fact that I have a Barbie themed Bathroom, yep you heard right. This was at the insistence of an ex, she is long gone but the bathroom remained !

Present equipment (gosh never expected to to end up only with this) : Laptop / J.River Media Center 20 / wasapi via HDMI / Yamaha RX-A3050 DAC ~ Amp / Van Damme LCOFC 6mm speaker cable / Musical Fidelity MC4 speakers / Aiwa F770 cassette deck

I'm Geoff.

Hi Marcus. Welcome to AOS.

The bathroom sounds, erm, interesting?

Tell us what music you listen to and what future plans you may have for your Hi-Fi.

This is a friendly place and there's a lot going on, so feel free to join in and have a chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Marcus.

Yes - let's see some photos of the bathroom. We're much more interested in that than audio! (nah - only kidding )

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Marcus.

Hi Geoff, thanks for the message.

Love ambient psybient chill music to drift away in a deep lush soundstage out of 2 channel stereo.

Into dipole speakers to emphasize the above. Seeking help with making a pair of Musical Fidelity MC6 speakers become bi-ampable.

Best

Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hi Marcus. Welcome to AOS.

The bathroom sounds, erm, interesting?

Tell us what music you listen to and what future plans you may have for your Hi-Fi.

This is a friendly place and there's a lot going on, so feel free to join in and have a chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Geoff.

Mmm. Like a bit of psy/trance and ambient. Sounds great through the Tannoys.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Marcus.

I had a pair of 15" Super Reds, too big for my room so had to be near the side walls and hence got a poor image out of them, nice slam though, not that there is much with psy !

I'm Lawrence.

Is that the original 2 way MC4s with the metal dome tweeter? I used to have a pair and thought they sounded great with a MF A100, match made in heaven.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread