+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Munich Hi-Fi Show 2017

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Someday I would like to go to the show, but I don't speak German and the last time I was there (at a wedding), if it hadn't been for a friend speaking German I would have been stuck.
    Erm, haven't you heard of a dictionary or phrase book, daftee?

It would be very unusual too, based on my experience of visiting Germany, for no-one there to speak any English (as it's very much an English speaking country)... In any case, with a bit of effort, you'll always get by!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    30g American Spirit Tobacco 5 Euros. Cheaperoony. And supper. Meat, pot, cabbarrgggeeee. Great pork actually, just outside Marienplatz.

Looks great, mate, but where's the beer??

Anyway, great pics as usual - keep 'em coming!

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Justin.

I can't tell if the mobile pics and Tapatalk posting looks OK this end as all I have is a mobile! If indeed they aren't rubbish I'll post some more later.

They look fine, mate

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Erm, haven't you heard of a dictionary or phrase book, daftee?

It would be very unusual too, based on my experience of visiting Germany, for no-one there to speak any English (as it's very much an English speaking country)... In any case, with a bit of effort, you'll always get by!

Marco.
    When i was there a German in hotel, who was barman/chef, said if i come across anyone who doesnt speak enough English to get by, then not to waste my time trying to converse as he will be not worth talking to He said this and meant it.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED.

Lol... Indeed.

I've been to Germany umpteen times, and to various different parts of the country, and NEVER had an issue with folk not being able to speak English. The same applies in Austria, where we were last year. In fact, English is taught there in all their schools!

In any case, for me (if I don't already speak it), learning some words of a new language, in order to communicate with locals, is all part of the fun of travelling abroad

Marco.

I'm Simon.

Justin, r u still around MOC today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades

I'm Justin.

No but will be there tomorrow. Why?

I'm Justin.

Rockport / Soulution sounding very coherent. I vastly prefer these to the larger side firing woofer efforts I heard a while back. These speakers do good bass in my book.

I'm Justin.

A bit more Tune. I am completely unsurprised to see a brace of EML valves in the power amps as the sonic signature reminded me a bit of their 45 solid plate, Lampizator Special 45 and 274B valves.

The name of the game with EML is a huge spacious sound. That works with these horns but is less convincing in my room with my speakers.

Last edited by User211; 20-05-2017 at 09:46.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast