+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Munich Hi-Fi Show 2017

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Some cool cars from same.
    Love that Porsche and the Citroen DS2, but that Volkswagen (?) is one ugly-looking car (and what's with the three headlights?).
    Barry

I'm Justin.

A lot of Nixies. Quite pricey too.

I'm Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What no Braun LE1 electrostatic speakers?
    Because they are incredibly rare...

I'm Justin.

Well you got a Braun L2 from 1958. No pleasing some

I'm Grant.

Love that Porsche and the Citroen DS2, but that Volkswagen (?) is one ugly-looking car (and what's with the three headlights?).
    reminds me of a tucker 48. quite like it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Oh - the Tucker was better looking than that!

As I expect you know the Tucker had headlights that were coupled to the steering. I still can't see the point of the third headlight on the VW.
    Barry

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Me too. TBH it does look much better in the flesh.

Third headlight is just styling over engineering I suspect. But then again it is more light.
    Last edited by User211; 20-05-2017 at 21:25.

I'm Geoff.

but that Volkswagen (?) is one ugly-looking car (and what's with the three headlights?).
    It's a Tatra from Czechoslovakia. A wonderful car in its day. Rear mounted air cooled V8 engine. Highly sought after!!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Justin.

Around for some 157 million years, these fellas are just hanging around waiting for us to go extinct. So show them some respect.

They apparently all own reference quality hi-fi systems that they all keep completely schtum about. So don't you go letting on.

https://youtu.be/HFd6YypjoUg
    Last edited by User211; 20-05-2017 at 22:48. Reason: Online conflict over spelling of schtum.

I'm Justin.

Shit. That mobile shoots a pretty good video as shown on the LG OLED I have at home. The turtles & TEAC look amazing, so enough light and it does good. Falls short on stills, though. And shame about the mic. But £400 quid Chinese mobiles aren't bad now, in this case a OnePlus 3T. The silly good spec beats Google Pixel and Apple iPhones at half the price. Recommended.

Anyway, more media Monday evening,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast