+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Munich Hi-Fi Show 2017

I'm Justin.

Let's be nice to Luxman.

Considering the modest nature of the speakers, this room full of Luxman kit sounded very good in the flesh. Love that valve amp. Really was good this room. And some of it is almost vaguely affordable.

Video to follow. I am going to have to use YouTube, as the alternative I had in mind just won't do the job as hosting on vBugletin won't work.

I'm James.

Like the look of the Luxman gear. Nice retro look to their stuff. Glad you confirmed it sounded ok too.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Justin.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Hi Justin
    Enjoy the show and Munich. I love the Germans, they got the best of society and country after the war. Probably no class system, no chavs and asbos, and no liberal bs that spouted from us 'winning'.
    I was interested in the pmc 'cor'. Looks like a Sony playstation ps2 and maybe a bit of a gimmick? Did you hear?. I wouldn't be surprised if it was from avm and the recent pmc and German amv partnership.
    Bw Simon

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Like the look of the Luxman gear. Nice retro look to their stuff. Glad you confirmed it sounded ok too.
    I'd like to plug the M-900U into the Apogees I have to say. Could do a good job.

Anyway, back in the LV room, the first shot shows the damaging puck and if you zoom in, it shows the damage to the veneer mentioned earlier.

In some sense lucky, as this is an el cheapo version of the Olympian.

I'm Justin.

I've batched a load of YouTube videos but it'll take a good while to upload. There are quite a few, but unfortunately some of the good videos are compromised by an RX100 fault that appeared in my camera. It makes a load of noise in the video sound as some sort of lens gearing goes nuts. It is annoying, but you can hear through it so I may post some of those later because otherwise they are good vids.

Anyway, so MSB pics, including the new DAC they have been working on. Playing MQA at the time. I wasn't mind blown at the time. But their kit is very good.

Once again I really found rooms to vary depending on what time you were in there, the volume, and obviously what was playing at that time. So easy to get misled and come to the wrong conclusion. A point I always try to make.

I'm Justin.

A bit more LV/Kondo stuff.

I'm Justin.

For Ked - actually the Wilson's were grey - not red

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    Hi Justin
    Enjoy the show and Munich. I love the Germans, they got the best of society and country after the war. Probably no class system, no chavs and asbos, and no liberal bs that spouted from us 'winning'.
    I was interested in the pmc 'cor'. Looks like a Sony playstation ps2 and maybe a bit of a gimmick? Did you hear?. I wouldn't be surprised if it was from avm and the recent pmc and German amv partnership.
    Bw Simon
    If I did I didn't take particular notice. Do like PMC speakers in general, though.
    Last edited by User211; 22-05-2017 at 22:18.

I'm Justin.

Excellent static Gato stand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast