+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Munich Hi-Fi Show 2017

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    Are big multi driver speakers like Porsches - for guys with little dicks?
    If you like!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm gone.

Are big multi driver speakers like Porsches - for guys with little dicks?
    What say you, Justin?

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    What say you, Justin?
    I'll show mine if you show me yours.

Anyway it's BCSD - big car, small dick. Porsches are quite small

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I'll show mine if you show me yours.

Anyway it's BCSD - big car, small dick. Porsches are quite small
    This is true. I apply it to motorbikes too.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Geoff.

This is true. I apply it to motorbikes too.
    Not keen on big bikes. But then I'm not big myself. And anyway, I can't be trusted with anything fast .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Justin.

It strikes me I am not being too kind to some of the gear. Let's just say it is a lot better in Munich than Whittlebury or Bristol.

Just thought it important to make that point, irrespective of prices, which on average are way higher in Munich, obviously.

Anyway, this was a really interesting contrast at the show. What none of the systems can do is capture the real sense of air coming out of these instruments when you are close to them. It is like you can almost feel it.

It was like they were saying "here you idiots, this is what the real stuff sounds like".

YouTube just won't fess up to having the Albedo video despite it having been uploaded 3 times. Curious. Time may cure this.

Last edited by User211; 27-05-2017 at 21:18.

I'm Justin.

Albedo video at last.

I'm Alex.

It never ceases to amaze me how bad the majority of systems being demonstrated at shows sound and how horrific looking some of this kit is!.

I feel completely disconnected with the direction that the industry has taken. I wonder who is buying this stuff nowadays?
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how bad the majority of systems being demonstrated at shows sound and how horrific looking some of this kit is!.

I feel completely disconnected with the direction that the industry has taken. I wonder who is buying this stuff nowadays?
    To return to the previous theme I think a lot of it is willy-waving - a lot of the bling isn't about music at all it's about a giant statement in the living room and a price tag with bragging rights.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    To return to the previous theme I think a lot of it is willy-waving - a lot of the bling isn't about music at all it's about a giant statement in the living room and a price tag with bragging rights.
    Then that would explain my disengagement. If manufacturers are orientated to those sorts of customers and they have those motivations, It is totally bankrupt and lacking in any integrity, purpose or merit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast