+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Munich Hi-Fi Show 2017

I'm Justin.

Lampizator room.

Atlantic GG. This room was dead sweet, really. Playing crap I'd never listen to in a million years, but FWIW it did sound really nice. Much better than the Aeries Cerat gear that cost a lot more money. Seriously - much, much better. In the general scheme of things not killer, but very pleasant nonetheless.

I'm Justin.

Marten / totaldac. Nice system love the amps.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    I was interested in the pmc 'cor'. Looks like a Sony playstation ps2 and maybe a bit of a gimmick? Did you hear?. I wouldn't be surprised if it was from avm and the recent pmc and German amv partnership.
    Bw Simon
    You'd be wrong!

The Cor has been in development for four years and was originally conceived as purely a unit for PMC to use when tuning their own loudspeakers, but developed into a commercial product. It was developed totally in-house and they even recruited a new Electronic Engineer who has been working largely on nothing else since he started with the company.

It's going to retail for £5000 and will be made in batches of 30, so it is very much not something that PMC are banking their future on. As an aside, I thought it sounded very nice indeed.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Justin.

All the videos should now be visible.

I'm Alan.

Justin
    Do you know what the music was on that Marten Totaldac video ?

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Justin.

Tune Audio / Trafomatic as per earlier in thread, this time with a video. Refer to earlier for SQ comments.

The video makes the pics redundant, really, so watch it plugged into yer hi-fi system. You'll pick more up about SQ than I can say. But obviously nowt like being there.

Seriously, and I mean quite seriously like that TT lookswise.

I'm Justin.

Kudos sounding alright really considering the cost of the opposition.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Justin
    Do you know what the music was on that Marten Totaldac video ?

Alan
    The Saga Of Harrison Crabfeathers - Brian Bromberg.

I'm Justin.

Wilson / Nagra.

I'm surprised I like these in red, but I do.

One thing you will probably never hear at a show is what a large Wilson can do with ample Watts and music with some serious bass content. They can play seriously loud and hold it together. If you ever get the chance, try it.

If you've never respected Wilson before, you will learn some respect pretty quick You needn't like them, but you WILL respect them

I'm Justin.

Von Schweikert / VAC

Big system. Big money. Good sound with scale generally when I was in there, probably better than this video gives clues about TBH.

No wow moments, just good moments. Suspect I could be more impressed with the right material being played.

Last edited by User211; 23-05-2017 at 19:11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast