+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Munich Hi-Fi Show 2017

I'm Justin.

Room size needs to be substantial with these and Jack won't be demoing them obviously.

I'm Justin.

They sold a of Avaton's yesterday so Mr Tune was all smiles

I'm Justin.

Last night's meal and free Snapps given because the waitress gave me a pale wheat beer instead of a dark one, which I had later.

That's it for now no more til this evening.

I'm James.

I much prefer the light wheat bier. When I lived in Germany I drank weisenbier crystal -wonderful stuff!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Stewart.

You have just single handedly increased the sale of lottery tickets by 200%.

Decisions,decisions.Super car or hifi first?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Erm, haven't you heard of a dictionary or phrase book, daftee?

It would be very unusual too, based on my experience of visiting Germany, for no-one there to speak any English (as it's very much an English speaking country)... In any case, with a bit of effort, you'll always get by!

Marco.
    Not my experience in Germany, English they did not speak, even in Munich it was rare. Berlin might be ok but elsewhere, doesn't seem to be the case. Fair point about a phrase book. I have been twice.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

i was in Hamburg, so in north. tbf most folk had some english and that was a long time ago.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

They speak English pretty much everywhere in Munich. But it must have got worse recently because the ethnic diversity has increased a lot since I was last here in 2014. So has drinking alcohol in the street.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    They speak English pretty much everywhere in Munich. But it must have got worse recently because the ethnic diversity has increased slot since I was last here in 2014. So has drinking alcohol in the street.
    Must have just been my bad fortune to be in the wrong places and encounter the wrong Germans. My German is all WW2 film derived and I don't think that would have worked to well lol.
    Regards Neil

I'm Justin.

Yeah just luck of the draw in where you go. The bordello area is all German

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast