+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Ortofon T-3000 SUT

I'm Simon.

Default FS: Ortofon T-3000 SUT

For sale is my personal Ortofon T-3000 SUT

The MC transformer T-3000 was designed specifically for the Ortofon MC 3000, and I have used it very successfully over the years with an Ortofon MC 70 Anniversary, which is an improved version of the MC 3000.

The MC 3000 transformers were wound using silver wire on ring cores, each in their own mu-metal shields. The T-3000 is recommended for MC carts with internal impedance of 3 to 5 ohms, provides 30 dB of gain into a 47 kohm 100pF load, and a bandwidth of 8Hz to 100KHz, +1.5dB/-1dB.

The T-3000 comes complete with original packaging and instruction manual.

There are a few small marks on the case, which I have tried to show in the photos, but nothing serious, however the cardboard box shows some signs of age, as can be seen.

I am looking for £650 for the T-3000 including shipping within the UK.

You may also be interested in a bundle deal including my Ortofon MC 70 Anniversary. It is no. 706 of 800 and has a boron cantilever and line contact stylus from Expert Stylus.
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm Simon.

Bump

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.

I'm Simon.

bump

I'm Simon.

bump

I'm gordan.

This is a fabulous step up transformer, one of the best ever produced. I have T-5000 which is pretty much the same, more or less. It takes a $3000 SUT to get a reasonable improvement. T-3000 left pretty much everything we tried against it from the usual suspects (Lundahl etc).

If you have a SPU, you can't really beat it unless you splash for Tango, Cotter or similar level of unobtanium.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Simon.

bump

I'm Simon.

bump

I'm Simon.

sold

+ Reply to Thread