+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Edwards Audio MC3 MM/MC Phono Stage

I'm Bob.

Default Edwards Audio MC3 MM/MC Phono Stage

I need to have a “spring clean” and there will a number of items coming up for sale shortly !

I have been the only owner and purchased it from Deco Audio, Aylesbury, in 2012. The photographs below demonstrate the excellent condition of both the PSU and the amplifier itself. I haven't used it in anger for about two years now but it is still in full working order.

This design has very flexible loading and gain adjustment, undertaken using two banks of internal jumpers, one bank for each channel. I have used it successfully with both MM and MC cartridges, including Goldring G1042, Lyra Lydian Beta, Benz Micro ACE SM and Benz Micro Wood SL. In addition, there is a mono switching facility on the back of the unit.

The PSU comes with the manufacturer-supplied standard IEC connector and there is a separate 1 metre umbilical connector between the PSU and amplifier, as shown in one of the photographs.

The following information is from the manual:-

Max Input MC................................................ .................................................. .....................10mV
    Nominal Input .................................................. .................................................. ..............0.1-1mV
    Max Gain MC input (MM).............................................. .............................................73dB (40dB)
    THD Distortion .................................................. ..........................<0.006% 1kHz - <0.02% 20kHz
    Signal to noise............................................. .................................................. ....-80dB A-Weighted
    RIAA .................................................. .................................................. .....................within 0.25dB
    Frequency response* .................................................. .............................20-100kHz within 0.3dB
    Stereo separation better than .................................................. ............................55dB - 20-20kHz
    Input Loading MC/MM................................................ ....................100R with 2n2/47K with 120pF
    Output impedance ............................................ .................................................. ..........<10 Ohms
    Nominal output............................................ .................................................. ...............100mV - 1V
    Max output level .................................................. .................................9.8v depending upon input
    Dimensions WxHxL............................................. .............................114.5mm x 47.5mm x 160mm
    Weight............................................ .................. .................................................. ...................3.5kg
    Power consumption (Max)............................................. .................................................. ........3.5W

I have a pdf of the manual and will be happy to email it to prospective purchasers.

I am looking for £450 plus p/p at cost, although I would much prefer collection from Linslade, Beds, LU7. I could demonstrate then if required.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    k

NA Space Deck/NA Ace Space 12" arm/Benz Micro Wood SL - Noteworthy Phonote phono - Consonance CD120L CDP - Audion Select passive pre - Audion Silver Night Anniversary 300b power amp - Sugden A21a - ProAc Response D20R - Quadraspire Q4 rack

Michell GyroDec/AudioNote Arm ii/Ortofon Quintet Black - Silvercore "One to Ten" SUT - Croft RIAA - Marantz 6005 CD - Croft 25R Pre - Croft 7 Power - Heco Celan 300

I'm Adam.

Wonderful phone stage Bob.
    cracking bargain ...peoples
    GLWTS
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Peter.

Lived with one of these for a couple of years ... ime a really good solid-state phonostage. New, they are one and a half grand, so this is a real bargain.

I'm Peter.

The internal dip switches allow 6 different settings of mc gain, and also another 6 for mc loading. There are also 6 settings for capacitance, which never made much difference ime. I found the mm input to work really well with a SUT ... accurate, precise and dead quiet. The earth lift was extremely useful in my system at the time, reducing hum to negligable levels. Mono switch got used quite a bit, too ...

http://www.talkelectronics.com/edwar...3-phono-stage/
    Last edited by petrat; 22-04-2017 at 09:26. Reason: Correction

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    The internal dip switches allow 6 different settings of mc gain, and also another 6 for mc loading. There are also 6 settings for capacitance, which never made much difference ime. I found the mm input to work really well with a SUT ... accurate, precise and dead quiet. The earth lift was extremely useful in my system at the time, reducing hum to negligable levels. Mono switch got used quite a bit, too ...

http://www.talkelectronics.com/edwar...3-phono-stage/
    Thanks for the extra information !

k
    k

NA Space Deck/NA Ace Space 12" arm/Benz Micro Wood SL - Noteworthy Phonote phono - Consonance CD120L CDP - Audion Select passive pre - Audion Silver Night Anniversary 300b power amp - Sugden A21a - ProAc Response D20R - Quadraspire Q4 rack

Michell GyroDec/AudioNote Arm ii/Ortofon Quintet Black - Silvercore "One to Ten" SUT - Croft RIAA - Marantz 6005 CD - Croft 25R Pre - Croft 7 Power - Heco Celan 300

I'm Bob.

Bump

k
    k

I'm Bob.

SOLD. Thanks to all those who enquired.

k
    k

+ Reply to Thread