+ Reply to Thread

Thread: QED cables

I'm Nuno.

Default QED cables

Hello,
    I´m looking after a no expensive speaker cable, and I tought about the copper QED XT 40 speaker cable.This cable is only copper made, which I like.How would you describe the QED cables sound?Lively, laid back,whatever.

I'm Robert.

Some QED cable is good some not so good.

The Silver Anniversary for instance was regarded as a good cable back in the day and good value, everyone tried it.
    Over time though audiophiles hated it, describing it as bright and harsh ie: not particularly natural sounding.

I had it too and actually didnt mind it then but that was a long time ago, in a basic set up - I've learned a heck of a lot since.

The QED Silver Spiral I have is much much better and so it should be as it retailed at £31.50 per metre against £5.00 or so per metre for the Anniversary.

Let us know your budget as there are loads of options out there and stuf recommended by the members here that is very good value indeed. Van Damme Blue series is one of those that comes to mind

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Some QED cable is good some not so good.

The Silver Anniversary for instance was regarded as a good cable back in the day and good value, everyone tried it.
    Over time though audiophiles hated it, describing it as bright and harsh ie: not particularly natural sounding.

I had it too and actually didnt mind it then but that was a long time ago, in a basic set up - I've learned a heck of a lot since.

The QED Silver Spiral I have is much much better and so it should be as it retailed at £31.50 per metre against £5.00 or so per metre for the Anniversary.

Let us know your budget as there are loads of options out there and stuf recommended by the members here that is very good value indeed. Van Damme Blue series is one of those that comes to mind
    I agree with all that.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nuno.

Budget is £130

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by nbaptista View Post
    Budget is £130
    2 x how many metres Nuno ?

I'm Nuno.

2*2,5 m

I'm Robert.

If that's 2 x 2.5 metres you'll get some good stuf with a budget of £130.

Lets see what recommendations come in

I'm Nuno.

I´m buying the QED XT 40 !

+ Reply to Thread