+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Farewell dear Friend

I'm Steve.

Very sad indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    That is terrible news Colin, a loss for us all. He was a really good bloke.

All, he is talking about James, who posted as Sovereign.

I'm Phil.

mmm that's a blow . life can be cruel
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm inthescottishmafia.

His brother posted this on Facebook-

James didn't LOSE James was victorious in his efforts and his fight and his quest to make sure all around him were ok, happy and cared nothing for himself. I have listened to nothing but adoration from nurses, doctors and consultants who said they were honoured to have known James. He was a beacon wherever he went, especially into the hospitals and put a ray of sunlight into the hearts of all those who were privileged to come into contact with him. Including myself.

Even holding onto him through the night - he woke up at times not one care about himself - only was I ok and that he wanted to assure me that he was fine and that everything was going to be okay!

I have never heard so much praise about one person over the last few days as I have heard from some incredible people about James who I am so proud to call my brother!!

James did not LOSE ANYTHING, he changed the world in which he dwelled - which is s more than a lot of us can say - including myself.

James was a WINNER and let us all remember that !

Thank you.

Read more: http://theaudiostandard.net/thread/3...#ixzz4ejhPslFD
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

That was nice Ali. But still sad.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That's shocking news. I always respected and enjoyed reading Sovereign's views and opinions, expressed both here and elsewhere. He will be missed.

RIP
    +1

Very sad indeed. Condolences to your friends and family and RIP James.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Truly shocked and stunned to hear of James' passing. I had no idea he was even ill.... Undoubtedly we've lost one of the good guys from our hobby. Certainly AoS, and the other forums he frequented will be poorer places without his presence.

My thoughts and condolences go to all his family and friends. RIP, James

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Any donations to his family will I'm sure be gratefully received, it's bad enough having to go through this without worrying about money too. Please see link for donations-

https://www.gofundme.com/our-love-fo...XqwbCXRGWy4%3D
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Neil.

I never met him, but James / Sovereign was one of my favourite posters. Warm, down to earth and a massive HiFi tweak. RIP.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Very sad indeed.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Bruce.

I so much appreciated James' kindness and his looking out for the good of others. I will miss him. A good man.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Bruce

Theories are not so much answers as questions, to be supported or undermined by experience & testing.

Source: Audiolab 6000CDT > Calyx 24/192 DAC
    Amplification: Pass-design B1rev2 pre-amplifier > Neurochrome Modulus 686.
    Loudspeakers: Proac Response 1SC
    Cables/stands: spkr: MIT MH-750 biwire; IC: HT Truthlink; Target stands, sand-filled; Excel Cat6A 23AWG UFTP & 1attack.de Cat.7 SFTP.
    Other: Balanced AC transformer to hydra mains distr; Bass traps & Acoustic panels; Isolation: Inner tube & roller bearings; 3xZyxel ES104A switches in series w/Vreg upgrades.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast