+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Farewell dear Friend

I'm Steve.

Very sad indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    That is terrible news Colin, a loss for us all. He was a really good bloke.

All, he is talking about James, who posted as Sovereign.

I'm Phil.

mmm that's a blow . life can be cruel
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/ proac studio 125

I'm inthescottishmafia.

His brother posted this on Facebook-

James didn't LOSE James was victorious in his efforts and his fight and his quest to make sure all around him were ok, happy and cared nothing for himself. I have listened to nothing but adoration from nurses, doctors and consultants who said they were honoured to have known James. He was a beacon wherever he went, especially into the hospitals and put a ray of sunlight into the hearts of all those who were privileged to come into contact with him. Including myself.

Even holding onto him through the night - he woke up at times not one care about himself - only was I ok and that he wanted to assure me that he was fine and that everything was going to be okay!

I have never heard so much praise about one person over the last few days as I have heard from some incredible people about James who I am so proud to call my brother!!

James did not LOSE ANYTHING, he changed the world in which he dwelled - which is s more than a lot of us can say - including myself.

James was a WINNER and let us all remember that !

Thank you.

Read more: http://theaudiostandard.net/thread/3...#ixzz4ejhPslFD
    There are times when you can’t do the sensible thing, when you can’t act like a responsible adult at all; you just have to do whatever insane thing comes into your head. When bad people do it they end up murderers, when good people do it they end up heroes, and when the rest of us do it we end up looking like total idiots. But when’s that ever stopped us?

I'm Geoff.

That was nice Ali. But still sad.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That's shocking news. I always respected and enjoyed reading Sovereign's views and opinions, expressed both here and elsewhere. He will be missed.

RIP
    +1

Very sad indeed. Condolences to your friends and family and RIP James.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Truly shocked and stunned to hear of James' passing. I had no idea he was even ill.... Undoubtedly we've lost one of the good guys from our hobby. Certainly AoS, and the other forums he frequented will be poorer places without his presence.

My thoughts and condolences go to all his family and friends. RIP, James

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Any donations to his family will I'm sure be gratefully received, it's bad enough having to go through this without worrying about money too. Please see link for donations-

https://www.gofundme.com/our-love-fo...XqwbCXRGWy4%3D
    There are times when you can’t do the sensible thing, when you can’t act like a responsible adult at all; you just have to do whatever insane thing comes into your head. When bad people do it they end up murderers, when good people do it they end up heroes, and when the rest of us do it we end up looking like total idiots. But when’s that ever stopped us?

I'm Neil.

I never met him, but James / Sovereign was one of my favourite posters. Warm, down to earth and a massive HiFi tweak. RIP.
    Mana Acoustics Racks >> Custom Silent Media Server >> Halide Bridge USB (with AQVOX USB power) >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Very sad indeed.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

I'm Bruce.

I so much appreciated James' kindness and his looking out for the good of others. I will miss him. A good man.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Bruce

Theories are not so much answers as questions, to be supported or undermined by experience & testing.

Source: Calyx 24/192 DAC, Laptop w/JRMC. Amplification: Classe Audio 30/70 balanced. Loudspeakers: Proac Response 1sc. Cables/stands: spkr MIT MH-750 / HT Truthlink XLR, Vampire AI2, RFC Pluto, heavy sand-filled Target stands for speakers and Hi-Fi. Bass traps in corners, acoustic panels at first reflection points. Isolation: Roller bearings & cups, inner tubes. Mains: Balanced power transformer feeding hydra mains block.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast