+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amp Power Output Cable

I'm Mick.

Default Amp Power Output Cable

Need some advice. My Denon AVR-2808 CI amp has a 2 pin power output on the back. I want to power my CD player direct from my amp. So wanting to know can you buy the 2 pin plugs to attach to my cd power cable. Are they anything special or are they just a euro plug ?
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Would need to see a photo of the 2-pin socket to advise properly.
    Barry

I'm Mick.

[QUOTE=Barry;855879]Would need to see a photo of the 2-pin socket to advise properly.[/QUOTE

Like this. The one marked AC outlet

Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

From the shape of the shroud, it looks like the plug is a CEE7/16 "Europlug" (Type C)

They are intended to be used with Class II (double insulated) equipment only. Furthermore they are only available moulded onto a cable, so apart from cannibalising a shaver lead, I'm not sure where you could obtain one.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rewireable...0AAOSwXYtYzD-K

Some CD players only have a two core lead anyway, so this should be OK.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mick.

I have just tried my 2 pin euro plug connector off my electric razor and the pins are to close together so its not a 2 pin euro.

I'm Geoff.

Show us a picture of your shaver plug. It may be different.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Show us a picture of your shaver plug. It may be different.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Geoff.

Hmm. Looks about right.

At this point, my inclination would be to visit the local boot sale and pick up a bunch of used leads with similar looking two pin plugs, hoping for something that may fit. Boot sales are great for wiring and plugs.

http://www.iec.ch/worldplugs/typeC.htm

Are you able to measure the diameter and pitch of the apertures of the socket?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread