+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decware speakers

I'm Steve.

Default Decware speakers

Anyone have any experience or ideas on value etc?

Bah! Wrong blimmin section! Could a kind mod please move this into blank canvas please?

Sorry ��

I'm Geoff.

Dunno much about them, but they appear to use a mixture of Chinese and Japanese proprietory drive units. They definitely look like Fostex and Hi-Vi. You could probably build your own speakers using Fostex drivers for a fraction of the cost.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm gone.

These look familiar - did someone on the Wigwam have them? - Rob / hoops on toast maybe?

I'm Geoff.

Yes. That's a Hi-Vi planar tweeter at the top. Got a pair of those.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Vinnie.

Default Decware speakers

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    These look familiar - did someone on the Wigwam have them? - Rob / hoops on toast maybe?

Hi Steve
    I had a pair of these when running two Decware amps strapped together to give about 6 wpc I did not think they were the best match.another Decware model with fostex drivers and a passive bass driver were better even using a single amp.Can't think of the model though,the original owner built them from a kit if I remember correctly.
    Vinnie

I'm Steve.

Cheers chaps, I'm Massively impressed by the little Decware amp although it has limitations, within its limits, it's absolutely fantastic! Just looking at ways of squeezing a snadge more volume capability out of it with speaker matching.

+ Reply to Thread