I'm in a bit of a general quandary really..

I like the sound of the system I have right now, but I'm conscious of it's limitations and those of my current environment (having gone from a large room in a detached house to cozy apartment living).

Kit I currently have is:-

• Rega Planar 3 with RB300 and Goldring 1012GX
  • Audio Analogue Puccini SE (first model)
  • Audio Analogue Paganini CD Player
  • Mordaunt Short MS400 (vintage 70's speakers with one careful owner)

It's a lovely 'musical' system with a warm and involving character but is not at it's best in terms of detail or soundstage.

I'm told the AA Puccini is has a lot of the characteristics of a valve sound (considering it is SS) and this is something I very much like. I already know it can deliver better resolution and imaging (as it did with my previous Triangle Zephyrs).

I'm not really looking to invest more time and money on the turntable at this point as I've tweaked the Rega already and my vinyl collection is not going to grow (at this point).

I suppose I'm looking for the best bang for the buck with what is next. Problem is, I keep going back and forth between amplifier and speakers? The room size and nature of apartment living means I'm not looking for big floor standers (I tend to listen at limited volume anyway). The speakers I have are lovely and I'm wondering whether I should dip a toe into the world of valve amplification (of which I know nothing) or just change the speakers to make the most of the still very capable Puccini SE?

Questions, questions! Any input or advice as to what to do next is welcomed!

Tony