+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from sunny Bristol

I'm Garf.

Default Hello from sunny Bristol

I'm a complete DIY HiFi person. I don't think I own anything that I haven't built, apart from speaker cables and a couple of interconnects, oh maybe a Raspberry Pi and an LP12.

Started life in HiFi with a Planar two, K5, NAD3225PE and a pair of Wharfdale Diamonds; seems a long time ago now. I dabbled with Naim, a Nait 1 then a 32.5 and 160 (which was a fabulous combination). Swapped the speakers for Heybrook Point 5s and then a pair of EPOS14s. And bought an LP12; which has languished with an Akito and the passage of K9, K18, 25FL and a couple of AT33PTGs. Nothing fancy really.

I branched out into DIY. Build various pre-amps, power amps and just the one set of speakers (that was enough for me); they are hybrid OBs...

Music wise, I have a lot of 70s stuff, lol. But good blues I adore. Thinking about it I have a lot of Numan, Japan stuff too.

I'm brian.

Its nice when you can turn yer hand to anything in the hi fi game mate, the speakers look great ! Enjoy your time here.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by chiily View Post
    I'm a complete DIY HiFi person. I don't think I own anything that I haven't built, apart from speaker cables and a couple of interconnects, oh maybe a Raspberry Pi and an LP12.

Started life in HiFi with a Planar two, K5, NAD3225PE and a pair of Wharfdale Diamonds; seems a long time ago now. I dabbled with Naim, a Nait 1 then a 32.5 and 160 (which was a fabulous combination). Swapped the speakers for Heybrook Point 5s and then a pair of EPOS14s. And bought an LP12; which has languished with an Akito and the passage of K9, K18, 25FL and a couple of AT33PTGs. Nothing fancy really.

I branched out into DIY. Build various pre-amps, power amps and just the one set of speakers (that was enough for me); they are hybrid OBs...

Music wise, I have a lot of 70s stuff, lol. But good blues I adore. Thinking about it I have a lot of Numan, Japan stuff too.
    Those speakers look fantastic! Top notch work! More pics! Let's see some of those amps and pre's! And I wonder why you haven't tried your hand at cables? I've made a few with fair success, as have others here. But wow! I'm jealous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Garf.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Those speakers look fantastic! Top notch work! More pics! Let's see some of those amps and pre's! And I wonder why you haven't tried your hand at cables? I've made a few with fair success, as have others here. But wow! I'm jealous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you, they were designed by a James on PFM. I did a write up, not very good here.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Garf. Welcome to AOS.

I like the speakers. We'd love to see more pictures of your home built gear. There's a Gallery section if you'd like to post some.

DIY is very popular. Take a look through the Drawing Board section.

If you have future plans for your system, we'd like to hear about them.

Feel free to join in the chat. The members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Garf
    Regards Neil

I'm Dave.

Nice speakers. Welcome to AOS Garf, enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Garf.

Nice introduction and a lovely-looking set of speakers you have there. Well done!

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread