+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a preamp please?

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Ok Edwardion, S2000MP preamp specs.

Compared with the ATC it is 'just a little different', and very difficult to describe usefully.
    £450.
    Thanks for that. Something to consider. To be fair I will not be rushing to a decision. Still in early research phase.

I'm Dennis.

I also have an AVI FM tuner Mk 1 which I do not need because I bought the Mk 2 which has other bands as well.

I'm andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Indeed the GT Tron preamp seems to be lovingly built and I have nothing but good on the excellent sound Graham Tricker is able to achieve. However it seems to me that I would be paying lots for a phono stage whcih I don't need and the Tron premap does not have a volume remote (purists of course would scoff at the idea of having a remote on a Tron of course).

Certainly will do - but I tend to be slow in making decisions. Your Parasound looks great.

I already have valves in my audio path (the Radford STA25), I'm not so sure adding another valve item in my audio path will enhance things much.
    FWIW the Tron is the line stage, and does not have a phono stage. The Tron is a top quality piece of kit, and although it sounds superb, i'm only selling because my dream preamp has become available, and should be a better match to my 861 power amp that i'm rather fond of
    Paul (reffc) has a Tron / Radford combo that he is also rather fond of !

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    When you've made your selection, I'd love to hear your impressions of it, a full review. I too am shopping for a preamp. My present is a Parasound Halo 3. Lots of inputs, the internal phono sounds good, although I don't use it, balanced outs. Remote control! I hate to say that is my number one requirement. I have no use for a none remote unit. But it's not up to the rest of my gear, and I am completely overwhelmed at choosing a replacement. I've heard that a nice tube preamp can add much life to a solid state rig. I may venture in that direction next?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    if you can stretch to a modwright 9.0 swl anniversary they have exceptional build and sound great for half the money of its nearest American well know rival
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Ian.

I have an Emotiva xSP-1 pre amp which is quite excellent. I'm contemplating selling if you want to discuss. It has balanced and single ended outputs, separate variable sub outputs if needed and a rather good mm/mc phono stage. I don't know what stage you have but the Emotiva's might just give it a run for the money. More specs here.

https://emotiva.com/products/pres-and-pros/xsp-1

I would be looking for half your budget if I decide to sell.

Cheers, Ian

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    if you can stretch to a modwright 9.0 swl anniversary they have exceptional build and sound great for half the money of its nearest American well know rival
    Now I have seen the Modwright for sale stateside quite often. That would not be hard to locate. Seems there is always at least one of them on Audiogon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Phil.

well have a research into them as they have a very loyal following . I have had the 36.5 and the 36.5 dm [2 box version ] and currently have the anniversary on demo while mine is away . the back up from dan is exceptional

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=147158.0

Eric Bibb

I'm Phil.

Eric Bibb

I'm Adam.

Check out AD Audio (David Coe) of this parish (in Trade impressions section on AoS)
    Makes stunningly amazing Pre Amps without or with phono stages.
    I can vouch for the 'Satchmo' pre as I have just taken delivery of one which I commissioned
    Truly remarkable for the sort of money you were talking about. For me the end game!
    The beauty of this approach is He will listen to what your requirements are and your listening preferences
    And match your power amps
    https://adaudio.wordpress.com
    Last edited by WESTLOWER; 18-04-2017 at 19:58.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Christian.

I'm considering selling my Croft 25 line pre-amp, owned from new. It doesn't have remote control but a module can be retrospectively fitted by a Croft dealer with blessing from the designer. Not quite sure on price yet but well within budget.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast