+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My cyrus and pmc system

Bigman80 Guest

Lol ye it can be tricky

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Simon.

I want to go back to model aeroplane making if I had the space as I used to love doing this. It's so relaxing building them as a way to take your mind off stuff . A kind of mindfulness.

https://youtu.be/F_RiqNt2tNM

I'm gone.

I have fond memories of some of the Cyrus gear I have owned over the years. Some very nice sounds.
    Not heard your PMCs, but I was bowled over by some PMC Twenty26 at a show a few years ago!
    I have to confess that I prefer my room to look a bit busier than that, though !!

Bit of spare time this morning, so here you go ....

I'm Loz.

Neat looking system Simon. Bet it sounds good too. Would agree with regards the Hi Fi Racks Podium or something like it. They can be pricey but would add more space to spread your components out a bit.
    Still very nice however.

Cheers

Loz

I'm Simon.

Thanks for posting the pictures and online Jerry.

I'm Shane.

I've always found Cyrus gear to be interesting. Was using a 8VS2/PSX-R combo 2 months ago, which sounded pretty good actually! Kind of regretted selling them!!

Later this week, I'll be picking up a Cyrus CD7Q. Yes it's old, but still good according to some.

S.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    I want to go back to model aeroplane making if I had the space as I used to love doing this. It's so relaxing building them as a way to take your mind off stuff . A kind of mindfulness.

https://youtu.be/F_RiqNt2tNM
    I didn't mind building them, but preferred flying them.

Addicted to the smell of burning castor oil though! Or any two stroke really, I know that plane had a four stroke engine but as its a total loss oil system still smells......mmm

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    I've always found Cyrus gear to be interesting. Was using a 8VS2/PSX-R combo 2 months ago, which sounded pretty good actually! Kind of regretted selling them!!

Later this week, I'll be picking up a Cyrus CD7Q. Yes it's old, but still good according to some.

S.
    From what I've heard people saying, the cyrus one is well ahead of its price and with its class d amplification, would probably be a match for the 8vs2/psxr.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    I didn't mind building them, but preferred flying them.

Addicted to the smell of burning castor oil though! Or any two stroke really, I know that plane had a four stroke engine but as its a total loss oil system still smells......mmm

Yes I like that smell too especially the burnt castor oil smell. I used os four strokes which were lovely engines. This 7 foot piper cub I built had an Os fs-70 but I've used petrol four strokes too.
    Most models went to artf (almost ready to fly) designs a few years back, but I liked the satisfaction of something you've built flying. I've built these models on top of lots of artf models
    - flair tiger moth
    - flair puppeteer
    - flair piper cub
    - Chris Foss wot 4's , acrowots
    - Goldberg super chipmunk
    - various trainers

I have a multiplex cularis 3m foam glider for the summer. Great to fly ;

https://youtu.be/5llQeqEHXQI

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    Yes I like that smell too especially the burnt castor oil smell. I used os four strokes which were lovely engines. This 7 foot piper cub I built had an Os fs-70 but I've used petrol four strokes too.
    Most models went to artf (almost ready to fly) designs a few years back, but I liked the satisfaction of something you've built flying. I've built these models on top of lots of artf models
    - flair tiger moth
    - flair puppeteer
    - flair piper cub
    - Chris Foss wot 4's , acrowots
    - Goldberg super chipmunk
    - various trainers

I have a multiplex cularis 3m foam glider for the summer. Great to fly ;

https://youtu.be/5llQeqEHXQI
    I had loads too.

My favourite was my scale SE5a with a V twin four stroke, flying into the sunset at slow speed, you would almost believe it was a real one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast