+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD: Frugel Horn type speakers

I'm Mike.

Default WTD: Frugel Horn type speakers

I've always fancied a play with the single driver horn loaded type speakers.

The end game is to build a pair myself, using the Alpair 7 Mk3 (probably) drivers but having never heard a pair, of any description, I thought I'd see if there was a reasonably priced ready made pair looking for a home, before I invested the time, effort and money.

So, has anybody got an unloved / unwanted pair (don't need to be Alpair drivers) surplus to requirements ?

Cosmetics not too important but must be 100% working order.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Mel.

Check out the thread below - there is at least one speaker fitting your requirements

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB3/v...hp?f=16&t=6825

Send a pm from there to toppsy or scottmouse as they design and make what you want - both are incredibly helpful.

On this site take a look at

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...s-Silver-cable

Mel

I'm John.

I have a pair that I built using gold Aplair 7's that are not being used since I upgraded my Tannoy Eatons.

They are in birch ply frugal horn cabinets that have been lightly oiled.

No idea what they're worth but how does £200 sound?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

lordmortlock Guest

Sounds like a fair price to me. Untouchable at that price I'd say

I'm keith.

Got some Alpair 12P's in an open baffle that I'll be splitting up and selling at some point.

Not sure of their suitability for frugal horns (though i do believe a 'pencil kit' is available for them).

PM me if interested as no idea how to split the cost of the various components yet.

I'm Ian.

A Frugelhorn big enough for the 12p would be massive! Great drivers though and there are Pensil (spelt with an S ) plans for it which look very good and go satisfyingly deep.

I'm Mike.

Thanks for your input so far chaps.

In dialogue with speedyj about his so, here's hoping.

12p's in frugal's ? Now that would be something
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Chris.

If you will consider Frugal XL with alpair 10.3...I may part with mine, as bonus I will add a pair of Pensil enclosure....doesn't affect the shipping fee as they will be both on the same pallet ;-)
    Just need to make some adapter as I tried the Pensil with bigger FR

I'm Paul.

in summary very, very fast and articulate, room positioning is very important otherwise bass can be lost and beaming occurs

Pensils are very good value indeed, and back is removable so they can be tuned
    PM is you want contact details of the kit maker, top lad but don't think that he posts on here

I'm john.

I've got a pair made bty Steve of electric beach I'm looking to move on in lovely condition. Drop me a pm and I'll send some pictures and detail..john

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast