+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Impedance Matching/Mismatch

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    DAC (phono output 1) > C31 > P1's
    DAC (phono output 2) > H/phone amp
    That caused distortion whenever I had just the DAC and H/phone amp on, everything else off. I never tried turning on the C31 at the same time
    Powering up the C31 should be enough to cure the distortion.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I would expect also that c31 on would be enough to remove the short
    Yes, no need to switch the P1s on as well.

The OP just has to try it and report back to us.

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Trying to get my head around this, and just re-read through some of the earlier posts, I am a bit confused with what your refering to here Jez,
    Dont you mean lower, as far as the driving Impedance, or am I not reading you correctly ?
    A...
    It was probably just a slip of the tongue/brain/keyboard and what he meant was the exact opposite of what came out.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I was hoping that was the case!
    Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    It was probably just a slip of the tongue/brain/keyboard and what he meant was the exact opposite of what came out.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Trying to get my head around this, and just re-read through some of the earlier posts, I am a bit confused with what your refering to here Jez,
    Dont you mean lower, as far as the driving Impedance, or am I not reading you correctly ?
    A...
    Ooops.. Lower of course! It was indeed a "slip of the tongue/brain/keyboard"
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Simon.

Powering up the C31 should be enough to cure the distortion.

Yes, no need to switch the P1s on as well.

The OP just has to try it and report back to us.
    Yep, that also works (C31 on without power amps on too). Still don't like the idea of having the pre on for no real reason when using headphones so will be using the Tisbury and going through the loop output on that, at least for the time being.

Just want to thank all those that replied and helped me to understand the situation, especially Andrew.

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    Just want to thank all those that replied and helped me to understand the situation, especially Andrew.
    Glad to be of assistance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456