Closed Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible....... Trolls on Forums

blackstar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, that's your opinion, so we'll simply have to 'agree to disagree' For me, when the 'gloves are off', like that, there are no holds barred. You want to 'dance'? Well baby, I'll gladly lead the tango

Marco.
    The problem is, what goes around comes around and karma is a bitch and all the other clichés. A guy pisses you off so you shop him to his employer so he keys your car so you punch him on the nose so he sticks your DD up your arse and so on and so on.
    There is always a guy round the corner who can tango faster and dirtier so I try not to get too excited, especially about words on a screen which has an off button.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Well, like I said, you're entitled to your opinion, as am I to mine. My view is that if you keep poking a rattle-snake, then don't cry when it eventually bites!!

Some folk need to learn the hard way that there are real consequences for their actions, especially those who think it's ok to persecute someone (for years), just because they don't like them, and because their victims have justifiably retaliated, rather than simply sat back and took it!

And I strongly disagree with the "it's only words on a screen" bollocks. If you don't have the balls to say something to someone's face, then don't do it behind a computer keyboard either. Simple!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

blackstar Guest

Well, like I said, you're entitled to your opinion, as am I to mine. My view is that if you keep on poking a rattle-snake, then don't cry when it eventually bites you!!

Some folk need to learn the hard way in life that there are real consequences for their actions, especially those who think it's ok to persecute someone simply for not conforming to their 'world view'.

And I strongly disagree with the "it's only words on a screen" bollocks. If you don't have the balls to say something to someone's face, then don't do it behind a computer keyboard either. Simple!

Marco.
    Sorry, I don't think you get it really. Unless you are HIFIs answer to Bruce Lee then as I say there is always someone round the corner that can trump your revenge; and at the end of the day, if you can remain philosophical and at peace with the fact that they ARE only words on a screen that mean little then life can be a lot more enjoyable.

You misunderstand me, their actions aren't stopping my enjoyment one iota (far from it), and I consider what they write as risible, but I simply don't see why I should put up with what they're doing. I'm not used to being treated that way off-line, so I won't tolerate it on-line either, and I don't see why anyone else should, including Simon.

Ask him if ignoring his trolls stopped their abuse? I doubt it! Look at the effect those "words on a screen" had on his health! So how can you possibly treat them as trivial?

Why should these people simply be allowed to get away with their abusive behaviour? Trolls should be stopped (nullified at source) - end of. Ignoring them solves nothing, because they'll simply carry on regardless.

It's not about "revenge", but simply doing what's right.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

blackstar Guest

Would you regard yourself on the thick end of trolling on HFWW on the Foo Rant thread? I just want to gauge what is regarded as trolling.
    I read the thread and reckon it was a difference of opinion that both sides defended vigorously FWIW and no more, but our definitions of trolling may differ.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Would you regard yourself on the thick end of trolling on HFWW on the Foo Rant thread? I just want to gauge what is regarded as trolling.
    Do you mean was I on the receiving end of the "thick end of trolling", or the one doing the trolling? It's a little unclear from your use of language.

Marco.
    Main System

When you get a minute, please answer this:

Ask [Simon] if ignoring his trolls stopped them from abusing him? I doubt it! Look at the effect those "words on a screen" had on his health!! So how can you possibly treat them as trivial?
    Marco.
    Main System

blackstar Guest

Do you mean was I on the receiving end of the "thick end of trolling", or the one doing the trolling? It's a little unclear from your use of language.

Marco.
    Were you the victim of trolling?

blackstar Guest

When you get a minute, please answer this:

Marco.
    If you actually walk away from the trolling and don't look back, as is always the temptation, then the words cannot hurt you. Return to the scene and they will hurt all over again, and if you are prone to fragility then you are doing yourself damage.

blackstar Guest

I'm really fascinated by this trolling lark and how it is all things to all men; by the looks of the tfc on this thread, so are others.

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast