Closed Thread
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible....... Trolls on Forums

I'm Kevin.

Hey Scooby,

Looks like you are owed "one thousand pound" - http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...200#post339200
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    On one forum I used to frequent, someone was mistakenly identified as a university lecturer at a university in Liverpool simply because he shared the same, fairly common, name. He played along with this, boasting about he spent all day in the pub, and sold drugs to his students. He was about to be 'unmasked' by the forum police, when a bit of basic detective work by yours truly showed he couldn't be the lecturer.
    Interesting... There was a guy called 'Blzebub' (you'll know him), real name James McPeake, and one of those arrogant and blinkered objectivists who populate forums, seeking to target and ridicule those he resented, who was once my arch enemy, similar to someone else you also know, and who used to be on the old Naim and Mana forum, Zerogain, and and latterly pfm, 'poking' me continually, being personally abusive on a regular basis, and overall a persistent irritant. In those days forums weren't as strictly moderated as they are now, so he got away with it.

I knew exactly where he lived in Glasgow, because I'd visited him, to hear his system before, shall we say, 'relations deteriorated' and he carried out his campaign of vilification and harassment, all because I'd dared to stand up to him and give him a taste of his own medicine (one thing bullies like him absolutely hate).

Anyway, it got so bad that to stop him I had two options: 1) go round to his house and give him the smack in the mouth, which he so richly deserved, but I decided he wasn't worth getting into trouble for, or 2) report his dubious 'on-line activities', during working hours to his employers, and rely on them taking a very dim view of that. I certainly wasn't just going to put up with his persecution forever. Why should I...?

It was no secret he was a consultant for the NHS (as he'd told everyone that), and I found out he worked at the RAH hospital in Paisley, just outside of Glasgow. Therefore, I wrote a letter to the head of the personnel department, enclosing evidence of saved screen shots, of the content and time of his posts on the aforementioned forums, and worded it in the strongest of terms that as a tax payer [let's remember that we're talking here about the NHS], I was utterly appalled at essentially paying for this idiot to abuse me, although I of course put it rather differently!

I received written confirmation of my letter, along with the assurance that they'd taken the matter very seriously and would look into it further and get back to me, which they later did and told me that they had dealt with Mr McPeake, in line with their disciplinary procedure, and I derived much satisfaction from that

For a while, the abuse stopped, as whatever his bosses had done had the net effect of 'clipping his wings', but as you can imagine he was absolutely livid with me for reporting him to his employers, as his previous unblemished record there was no more.

Anyway, this particular cowardly troll we're discussing aside, I should state publicly, here and now, that I would not hesitate for one second taking the same action against anyone else guilty of the same form of harassment, and trust me, if the motivation is there, it's not difficult to find out where someone works, and then report those guilty to their employers, as due payback.

These lily-livered scum need to know that, sooner or later, they will face the consequences for their actions, and that in order to stop them, I will take it as far as I can legally go, in order to ensure that they receive their comeuppance. To facilitate that aim, I have saved screen shots of every abusive forum post directed at me by certain individuals, including dates and times, the contents of which will be used as evidence to support my case to their employers, in any action I decide to take - and then we'll see what happens.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Wasn't that an episode of Miss Marple? Sounds like the gist of one.
    Ha! I almost wished I'd let them carry on, possibly letting themselves in for a libel claim. They were so sure they'd got the right bloke. One of them threatened to 'visit' the bloke with a baseball bat, which is when I thought things had gone far enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Even worse is a grass, a snitch, a tell-tale tit.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    ....and this is exactly what I'm on about with HiFi forums. You are dead right Joe.
    Well, better a "snitch" than a troll, I say... In my view, if you deliberately set out to try and make someone's life a misery, then you deserve all you get!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Nothing worse than a grass, IMO. I'm out of here.

blackstar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Interesting... There was a guy called 'Blzebub' (you'll know him), real name James McPeake, and one of those arrogant and blinkered objectivists who populate forums, seeking to target and ridicule those he resented, who was once my arch enemy, similar to someone else you also know, and who used to be on the old Naim and Mana forum, Zerogain, and and latterly pfm, 'poking' me continually, being personally abusive on a regular basis, and overall a persistent irritant. In those days forums weren't as strictly moderated as they are now, so he got away with it.

I knew exactly where he lived in Glasgow, because I'd visited him, to hear his system before, shall we say, 'relations deteriorated' and he carried out his campaign of vilification and harassment, all because I'd dared to stand up to him and give him a taste of his own medicine (one thing bullies like him absolutely hate).

Anyway, it got so bad that to stop him I had two options: 1) go round to his house and give him the smack in the mouth, he so richly deserved, but I decided he wasn't worth getting into trouble for, or 2) report his dubious 'on-line activities', during working hours to his employers, and rely on them taking a very dim view of that. I certainly wasn't just going to put up with his persecution forever. Why should I?

It was no secret he was a liver consultant for the NHS (as he'd told everyone that), and I found out he worked at the RAH hospital in Paisley, just outside of Glasgow. Therefore, I wrote a politely worded letter to the head of the personnel department, including saved screen shots of the content and time of his posts on the aforementioned forums, and worded the letter in the strongest of terms that as a tax payer, I was utterly appalled at essentially paying for this idiot to abuse me, although I of course put it rather differently!

I received written confirmation of my letter, along with the assurance that they'd taken the matter very seriously and would look into it further and get back to me, which they later did and told me that they had dealt with Mr McPeake, in line with their disciplinary procedure, which was satisfying. For a while, the abuse stopped, as whatever his bosses had done had the net effect of 'clipping his wings', but as you can imagine he was absolutely livid with me for reporting him to his employers, as his previous unblemished record there was no more.

Anyway, this particular cowardly troll we're discussing aside, I should state publicly that I would not hesitate for one second taking the same action against anyone else guilty of the same form of harassment, and trust me, if the motivation is there, it's not difficult to find out where someone works, and consider reporting those guilty to their employers as due payback.

These lily-livered scum need to know that, sooner or later, they will face the consequences for their actions, and that in order to stop them, I will take it as far as I can legally go, in order to ensure that they receive their comeuppance.

Marco.
    Way too far IN MY OPINION.

I'm Kevin.

Where will you go?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Hey Scooby,

Looks like you are owed "one thousand pound" - http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...200#post339200
    Ah, the good old days before things went properly tits up, where 'Dennis' (don't believe that's his real name for a second) seemed almost normal! I do know for a fact, however, that he lives in Preston...

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Way too far IN MY OPINION.
    Well, that's your opinion, so we'll simply have to agree to disagree. For me, when the 'gloves are off', there are no holds barred. You want to 'dance'? Well baby, I'll gladly lead the tango...

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Nothing worse than a grass, IMO. I'm out of here.
    So, I should've just 'sat back and took it' or gone and punched him instead? Neither for me was a viable option.

Courtesy and manners have gone out the window these days, and folk have lost the habit of *automatically* showing civility to others, on DAY ONE of meeting them, either on-line or in real life, as they've got away with being nasty and rude to whoever they like for way too long, and thus consider it their 'right'.

Well, I'm here to teach them that it most certainly isn't, or rather that I won't put up with it!

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast