Closed Thread
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible....... Trolls on Forums

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    AoS is about .... providing a relaxed and friendly environment, free from oneupmanship, for likeminded enthusiasts to share their respective 'audio journeys', showing them how to get the most from their systems, and when it all comes together and works (as it frequently does), *that* is what drives me
    Civility costs nothing and goes a very long way to contributing to harmonious relationships.

I like helping people, rather than hindering. What goes around comes around in many cases.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Well said!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Civility costs nothing and goes a very long way to contributing to harmonious relationships.

I like helping people, rather than hindering. What goes around comes around in many cases.

"Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

When I read things like this;
    It often reminds me of a true story involving a young up and coming Boxer, [some of you might already know the story] anyway, cut a long story, he got hounded on social media by someone who obviously thought it funny to totally and continually ridicule him, at every opportunity, now, someone who recognised who this troll was' decided to let the boxer know his tel/no and best of all, his address, and it wasn’t long before the troll received a phone call from the boxer, stating, that he was coming to visit him, and the troll continued with his usual abuse to the boxer, convinced that the boxer was bluffing, the boxer then explained that he was in fact at the end of the trolls street, stating the name and house number etc, and was just about to come and knock on his door, the phone went dead!
    The boxer knocked on the door, and eventually' a very sheepish, and worried guy came to answer it, he immediately apologised for his behaviour, and even went on to appear on a popular talk show, with the boxer, and gave him a formal apology witnessed by I would guess millions of people watching!
    I must add, that the boxer did nothing physical to this person, and I am not condoning that sort of behaviour, but my point is; anonymity is the main reason these people do what they do, no matter what they say, or how they make people feel, they are untouchable, until that is, on the rare occasion, they come face to face with their victim!
    Treat others how you would have them treat you!
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

Ziggy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That's also the problem when the forum owner has 'signed his soul to the devil', so he or she always has to be mindful of behaving in a way that best suits his or her commercial interests, and not to 'upset' someone who's paying you handsomely to advertise or whatever. Therefore, you can't really be yourself and say what you want to say, or more importantly think *needs* saying.
    I was banned from this forum for suggesting that a 19K streamer was not good value for money.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Which forum was that then, Ziggy? Here, we're more likely to recommend a Raspberry Pi (with matching linear PSU and DAC), for the cost around £400, than entertain using that sort of overpriced 'badge-fi'!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    When I read things like this;
    It often reminds me of a true story involving a young up and coming Boxer, [some of you might already know the story] anyway, cut a long story, he got hounded on social media by someone who obviously thought it funny to totally and continually ridicule him, at every opportunity, now, someone who recognised who this troll was' decided to let the boxer know his tel/no and best of all, his address, and it wasn’t long before the troll received a phone call from the boxer, stating, that he was coming to visit him, and the troll continued with his usual abuse to the boxer, convinced that the boxer was bluffing, the boxer then explained that he was in fact at the end of the trolls street, stating the name and house number etc, and was just about to come and knock on his door, the phone went dead!
    The boxer knocked on the door, and eventually' a very sheepish, and worried guy came to answer it, he immediately apologised for his behaviour, and even went on to appear on a popular talk show, with the boxer, and gave him a formal apology witnessed by I would guess millions of people watching!
    I must add, that the boxer did nothing physical to this person, and I am not condoning that sort of behaviour, but my point is; anonymity is the main reason these people do what they do, no matter what they say, or how they make people feel, they are untouchable, until that is, on the rare occasion, they come face to face with their victim!
    Treat others how you would have them treat you!

+1
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I was banned from this forum for suggesting that a 19K streamer was not good value for money.
    Ha! I was banned from this forum for posting a link to a Monty Python video clip!

I'm Dennis.

Are you serious? A £19k streamer?

I'm matt.

What surprises me Is how people can gang up on a single person.

I remember this poor chap on a photography forum that had all his expensive photography gear stolen. He was distraught and posted a thread for some sympathy but Instead people started abusing him saying he should have been more careful, should have had Insurance, It's your own fault mate etc. The thing that surprised me the most was the number of people attacking him. I did try defending him but I think It got lost In all the abuse.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Ha! I was banned from this forum for posting a link to a Monty Python video clip!
    Yes Joe, but context was everything at the time.
    Regards Neil

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast