Closed Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible....... Trolls on Forums

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    What surprises me Is how people can gang up on a single person.
    Mob mentalilty. Repulsive!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Ha! I was banned from this forum for posting a link to a Monty Python video clip!
    Did it contain Jehovah?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    "

My Father used to hit me every other day and call me a "Dirty ugly stupid little bastard", and this when I came top of the class in four successive reports (in my primary years), and I was constantly derided, humiliated, ridiculed, and disparaged all of my childhood to the age of 11 by him.
    That reminds me of my nickname as a youngster, I was referred to as "a sorry sack of shit", as a young man, oh memories! Good old Pop, gotta love him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Ha! I was banned from this forum for posting a link to a Monty Python video clip!
    Yes, and do you remember who was responsible for actioning that 'dastardly deed'? Decisions like that are one of the reasons why he's no longer here...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Unfortunately there are people who have such a low commitment to living fully that they tend to persecute others in an attempt to boost self esteem.

The net seems to have given another route for venting this sort of behaviour...
    Another gem there from our resident 'Captain Insightful' - and oh so true!

As a self-confessed bon vivant, who most certainly loves living life to the full [at least to the extent with which I can afford], I've been subjected rather a lot to the insidious effects of jealousy from those you describe above, whom it *so* irks to see someone who's actually contented with their life, in full control of it, and thus very happy.

They try their utmost to bring you down to their level of unhappiness, because happy people shine a light on their discontentment - and there's nothing worse than being made to face what hurts you the most, and embrace the fact that you've largely been a pathetic failure...

So I find the best way of dealing with such waste-of-space wankstains is to 'rub their noses in their unhappiness', by regularly discussing/showcasing that which makes YOU happy, and all the good things YOU have got going on in your life, which they would also love to have, but sadly don't, most likely due to bringing their unhappiness upon themselves, because of their past 'indiscretions' and how they've treated others.

You just *know* that when faced with your joy, it'll irritate them beyond belief!! I do that all the time and then laugh at how they subsequently react...!

As you say, unfortunately the Internet has given a 'voice' to these vermin, who would've once been muted and simply left to wallow in their miserable existences, but unfortunately now have the ability to spew their bile upon all of whom they resent, from behind the safety of their keyboards.

However, I'm a great believer in karma, and that outwardly nasty and vindictive people, will one day get their comeuppance.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    When I read things like this;
    It often reminds me of a true story involving a young up and coming Boxer, [some of you might already know the story] anyway, cut a long story, he got hounded on social media by someone who obviously thought it funny to totally and continually ridicule him, at every opportunity, now, someone who recognised who this troll was' decided to let the boxer know his tel/no and best of all, his address, and it wasn’t long before the troll received a phone call from the boxer, stating, that he was coming to visit him, and the troll continued with his usual abuse to the boxer, convinced that the boxer was bluffing, the boxer then explained that he was in fact at the end of the trolls street, stating the name and house number etc, and was just about to come and knock on his door, the phone went dead!
    The boxer knocked on the door, and eventually' a very sheepish, and worried guy came to answer it, he immediately apologised for his behaviour, and even went on to appear on a popular talk show, with the boxer, and gave him a formal apology witnessed by I would guess millions of people watching!
    I must add, that the boxer did nothing physical to this person, and I am not condoning that sort of behaviour, but my point is; anonymity is the main reason these people do what they do, no matter what they say, or how they make people feel, they are untouchable, until that is, on the rare occasion, they come face to face with their victim!
    Absolutely, and it's one of the reasons why we seek to limit anonymity here as much as possible, by insisting on members disclosing their real first names and approximate geographical locations, all of which receive subsequent IP address checks, as I detest folk on forums who like to 'hide'.

In terms of what you've described above, I intend on 'living out' that very scenario, as I've recently discovered where one of my most 'vociferous' trolls lives.... So sometime soon I will get the satisfaction of paying them a similar visit

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Always amazes me that so many seek to hide their real identity and location on so many sites. As you say, they are perhaps afraid someone will find them out . I couldnt care less personally who knows where i am. Ive nowt to hide
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Always amazes me that so many seek to hide their real identity and location on so many sites. As you say, they are perhaps afraid someone will find them out . I couldnt care less personally who knows where i am. Ive nowt to hide
    Careful or I'll be round with a van to nick all that fantastic hi-fi I've been reading about!

TheMooN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

In terms of what you've described above, I intend on 'living out' that very scenario, as I've recently discovered where one of my most 'vociferous' trolls lives.... So sometime soon I will get the satisfaction of paying them a similar visit

Marco.
    Why not simply cease visiting wherever you have been going and/or completely ignore any comments that seem to upset you, Why give them the satisfaction, It's all meaningless in the context of the real world no ?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMooN View Post
    Why not simply cease visiting wherever you have been going and/or completely ignore any comments that seem to upset you ? It's all meaningless in the context of the real world no ?
    Wrong. For some it is water off a ducks back - maybe for you -, but for others the nasty comments, are toxic and damaging and have a very real world effect on those who are on the receiving end. The its only the net excuse/cover all doesn't wash.
    Regards Neil

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast