Closed Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible....... Trolls on Forums

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by RMutt View Post
    Careful or I'll be round with a van to nick all that fantastic hi-fi I've been reading about!
    Dunno how fantastic it is Andrew. Welcome to try tho . Doubt i will stop you, but might sell you some music
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Wrong. For some it is water off a ducks back - maybe for you -, but for others the nasty comments, are toxic and damaging and have a very real world effect on those who are on the receiving end. The its only the net excuse/cover all doesn't wash.
    Indeed. It can destroy parts of people,s lives. About time laws were changed drastically.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

TheMooN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Wrong. For some it is water off a ducks back - maybe for you -, but for others the nasty comments, are toxic and damaging and have a very real world effect on those who are on the receiving end. The its only the net excuse/cover all doesn't wash.
    My advise was directed at a particular individual rather than the Internet population as a whole. Has Marco's business, his relationship with his wife, personal health etc.etc. Things that matter in the real world, suffered because of what a few keyboard warriors have said about him, on another forum presumably ?

Either ignore it or better still don't read it in the first place.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMooN View Post
    Why not simply cease visiting wherever you have been going and/or completely ignore any comments that seem to upset you, Why give them the satisfaction, It's all meaningless in the context of the real world no ?
    It's not a case of being "upset", Roger. "Upset" I certainly don't feel, simply because the trolling comes from cowardly 'faceless entities', who would cower away from any form of confrontation in real life, but feel 'brave' behind a keyboard, who are completely beneath me, and of course mean nothing to me.

The satisfaction, therefore, comes from dismantling their anonymity, and the safety they obtain from it, by facing the individuals involved in person, and then revelling in the reaction you're likely to get from such cowards

Jeez, one such 'entity' recently was so aggrieved and shocked that I found his email address and used it to make contact, and then challenge him on some of the nasty comments he'd made about me on another forum, that I dread to think what he'd have been like if I'd come and knocked on his door instead - the tit would've probably had a seizure!

Ignoring these trolls doesn't work either, because they simply continue doing what they do regardless, as it often acts as the only form of 'fun' they experience in their empty existence. No, when given the appropriate opportunity, I prefer a more 'proactive' approach, when dealing with these types of vermin, as I've never been one willing simply to 'sit back and take it'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMooN View Post
    My advise was directed at a particular individual rather than the Internet population as a whole. Has Marco's business, his relationship with his wife, personal health etc.etc. Things that matter in the real world, suffered because of what a few keyboard warriors have said about him, on another forum presumably ?

Either ignore it or better still don't read it in the first place.
    See above

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

TheMooN Guest

Whilst I appreciate your views in this regard Marco, however you yourself state that they are Beneath you , or contempt for that matter, I have to advise that...

IMHO posting what amounts to veiled threats ( and would be regarded as such by the authorities in the context of your post) on an open forum may prove unwise in the event that 'something' might occur and...

Were you IMO rash enough to make such a visit You never know what type of person or persons ( Criminal, Sociopath, Psychopath, Tooled up Drugy ! ) might be on the other side of that door, and..

Were any hypothetical 'incident' to take place you would undoubtedly be regarded as the instigator and aggressor were the authorities to become involved.

Would it really be worth taking such a gamble with your world.

My advise for what it is worth stands, ignore it.
    Last edited by TheMooN; 23-04-2017 at 01:30.

Well, we'll see how the mood takes me...

Part of the pleasure is in making one of them aware that I *know* where they live (however, they won't know if it's them or not I'm referring to), and if or not when I may pay them a visit, and the unsettling anxiety that may cause, which for me (for now, anyway) is sufficient reward for their trolling. I like making them sweat!

My intention is simply to do what that boxer did [all above board], but instead without announcing my arrival. As I've said, the satisfaction for me will be in removing their anonymity, and with it the 'safety blanket' they've enjoyed up until now.

In that respect, I don't have to do anything else other than prove that I know where they live

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    As you say, they are perhaps afraid someone will find them out . I couldnt care less personally who knows where i am. Ive nowt to hide
    Me neither. Everyone knows who I am, my full name and where I live. I've even posted up pictures of my house in Wrexham, so anyone could find me. So if someone wants to come and 'have a go', they're welcome

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

I'm old and decrepit now so there's never been a better time. Ive got big boys tho
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

TheMooN Guest

Marco, Events such as you are outlining have a remarkable capacity to escalate and get out of control very quickly, regardless of your own intentions, were the Police to become involved they invariably Nick both parties , charge both parties and let the courts sort it out. nuf said from me on this one.

I'm Shaun.

There is a Weihrauch HW45 Black Star waiting for those who bring the argument to my premises. If they break in to attempt to teach me a lesson I have one for them.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast