Closed Thread
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible....... Trolls on Forums

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Equally, those who discuss this forum elsewhere shouldn't be castigated out of hand, because they are entitled to do so. All this inter-forum bollocks is frankly bollocks.
    Not so, while your here, you're 'entitled to do' what the moderators and I allow. As has been stated before, if you want to do whatever you like, without rules or restriction, then put your hand in your pocket and start up your own forum.

As for that last bit, you're a bit of a hypocrite, as it was you who was earlier blissfully indulging in "inter-forum bollocks", with that HUMUNGOUS post you put up about Wigwam!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

The AoS rules on this seem to be all over the place, tbh. One day, someone is allowed, indeed encouraged, to 'name and shame' another forum, the next day someone is told they can report bad behaviour, without naming the forum, now we seem to be back in 'name and shame' mode again!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    The AoS rules on this seem to be all over the place, tbh. One day, someone is allowed, indeed encouraged, to 'name and shame' another forum, the next day someone is told they can report bad behaviour, without naming the forum, now we seem to be back in 'name and shame' mode again!
    it may seem that way, but it only seems that way
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    it may seem that way, but it only seems that way
    Ah, the subjectivist approach!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'm unhappy with the idea of Members here complaining about what goes on elsewhere in other fora. There is very little 'we' can do about it, even if we are members of the other forum. I would suggest if someone has been badly treated elsewhere, they simply leave and look for a fourum that better suits them.

You can satisfy most members for most of the time, but you cannot satisfy all of the members all of the time.

For that reason I correspond very little on the two other audio fora with which I'm a member. AoS is enough for me, and is the place I feel most comfortable in.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Lol... It's very simple, Joe, that's why we have an ethos, as opposed to a rigid AUP, because life isn't a rigid entity...

The default position here is that the *only* forum that can't be discussed, in any way, is HFS [see sticky on this subject elsewhere]. All other forums can be discussed, recommended, praised or indeed constructively criticised within reason (at the discretion of the mods and admin).

However, personal insults made against any individuals belonging to those forums, is prohibited, hence why I deleted what I wrote earlier about the admin on WW, as I fully admit that it was inappropriate of me, and therefore anyone else to do the same. Constructive criticism, however, does not constitute as a personal insult.

I trust that helps clear things up

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Some further astute comments, made earlier on this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride
    The shield of anonymity seems to give superpowers to people with evil mental disposition. They then purposefully seek people who they can sniff out as being good natured, well mannered. Their ultimate goal is to destroy such people.

Don't regard them. They are stewing in their own toxic sauce of hatred. They are eating up their own hearts, and there is nothing you can do about it.
    Love that last one, and OH SO TRUE! I could (but won't) name one forum where the most, shall we say, 'vociferous' amongst the membership fundamentally qualify for the above. "Eating up their own hearts" indeed.........

It's the obvious anger and resentment at that and/or those that don't fit with their 'world view', I simply cannot fathom. Why show such *continual* anger and resentment towards people who are simply legitimately different from you?

For the benefit of their own health, these folk should learn to SMILE more and BE HAPPY!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Dennis.

It seems to me that we all should as humans, accept that our statements and actions are things we are responsible for, and accountable for, and so we should be open to discussion and criticism, and by this means we can all learn and improve.

But the old chestnut of it deteriorating into Ad Hominem comments is so historically known, and of no purpose but to inflict pain, that we should all be mature enough to not indulge in it. Light not heat.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Not sure i see the connection. Forum rules do say you dont castigate forum or forum members off site. They were talking re someone being punished for saying he heard a difference between 2 amps.
    Indeed, and which, quite frankly, is ridiculous. In the real world, occupied by the vast majority of us, as opposed to inhabiting a self-created vacuum of scientific delusion, that is simply justified and normal behaviour.

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    It seems to me that we all should as humans, accept that our statements and actions are things we are responsible for, and accountable for, and so we should be open to discussion and criticism, and by this means we can all learn and improve.

But the old chestnut of it deteriorating into Ad Hominem comments is so historically known, and of no purpose but to inflict pain, that we should all be mature enough to not indulge in it. Light not heat.

The key, however, is contained in your last sentence. Whilst I'm in full agreement with your opening paragraph, there's a BIG difference between constructive discussion/criticism and blatant abusing/vilifying - and in some cases what is tantamount to nothing other than continual (completely unwarranted) persecution!!

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast