Closed Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible....... Trolls on Forums

I'm Phil.

sorry to hear that simon . don`t be disheartened . people are often falling out with each other in the hi fi world . its easter , and I am sure many of those folks who you have helped will appreciate it . one of the great audiophiles on one forum with a wonderful reputation got banned just because he talked about one brand a lot and folks thought it was schilling . it wasn`t but the damage was done .

hopefully you can still enjoy that chord and cyrus and pmc equipment and enjoy aos
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm jamie.

at the end of the day its just a hifi forum,in the grand scheme of your life it really doesn't matter and should not get you down,there are much more important things to cherish and focus on.
    chill
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Justin.

It is stupidly simple really.

If you don't like them, f*ck them, and move on.

Sorted

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    at the end of the day its just a hifi forum,in the grand scheme of your life it really doesn't matter and should not get you down,there are much more important things to cherish and focus on.
    chill
    +1 Keep ya head Simon, try not to let life get you down. Hang where there's good energy and good people - like here (most of the time )

I'm jamie.

and for gods sake dont buy a 2m black!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Shane.

Continue, on doing the things that makes you feel happy. It works for me!

S.

I'm Dennis.

I do not know the official definition of 'troll', but I get the impression it is someone who follows and persecutes another.

Unfortunately there are people who have such a low commitment to living fully that they tend to persecute others in an attempt to boost self esteem. The net seems to have given another route for venting this sort of behaviour, and the young in particular are suffering greatly as a result.

I don't wish to be indulgent in the light of your disclosure, but FWIW I have been persecuted all of my life by group behaviour, and it has led to my having to extensively study the psychology of it for years.

I am a loner as a result of these experiences, and that is a hard position to be in, but I think maintaining one's own integrity is far better than to join in socially acceptable bullying as a means of getting by, but so many other people do not.

I have also found that, as a naturally helpful person, I often become a consumable resource for some people, and with little gratitude., and they are not worth my help.

You know that you are a valid person, and you do not need the approval of bullies to define that worth.
    There is an old Zen saying;
    "When others attack you, and you are a taught string, their knife will cut, but if you are a limp string, their knife will not cut".

I'm Neil.

Hi Simon, I have moved this thread to Abstract Chat where I feel it belongs, along with adding a little clarification to the thread title.

I will comment once I read the thread.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Hi Simon

Sadly your experience is not unique and often nice folks who only want to help fall foul of the resident bully boys or clique of such, the in crowd. Who knows why, only they know why they behave that way but they are the disgrace not the likes of yourself.

My first foray into audio forums turned out to be a mistake, in ignorance I joined Zero Gain (now changed hands) and I did as you did tried to help, and wrote the odd review to find myself attacked often and viciously both by members, the mods and the site owner. Was there any help ? Nope. Did the site owner care ? Nope. So I left and with the original site owners agreement all my posts were deleted, the next owner restored them

What was my crime ? Being a subjectivist. Frankly the local objectivist bullies, trolls and down right nasty people picked up their pitch forks and drove me off.

Now if I had know I certainly would not have joined a majority objectivist forum but I didn't know and a few of these individuals didn't like it that I was a Christian.

Anyway I left Zero Gain, and joined AOS and this is the main forum I post on. I am a member of a few others but this is by far the most friendly and welcoming forum. A few out there will disagree with that but they view here through a poisoned twisted set of glasses.

As others have said drink does not help depression so don't seek solace in a glass it will only drag you down and if you feel you need it ask your Dr for help. Get out for walks, do things you enjoy and please don't let things get bad reach out and ask for help.

I have to say I have struggled with grief as a result of my parents no longer being alive and other issues and the Mods and Marco here have been a massive help to me, as have others in the real world. AoS has been a life line and I hope if we can help you, provide you with a new audio home then let us be that help, that home.

AoS isn't perfect and at times things get a bit heated here, but we the Mods try to keep it on Ethos and friendly. If you have any problems then as Grant says pm a Mod and have a chat and we will see what can be done.

I am sorry for your experience elsewhere, there are folks here who understand and have been through that experience.

I hope things get brighter for you. God Bless
    Regards Neil

I'm Ian.

I really hope you enjoy this excellent forum. Everyone here that I have had the pleasure of interacting with are intelligent, informed, and very friendly people. I hope you find peace very soon.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast