Closed Thread
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible....... Trolls on Forums

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    excellent idea .and that's very magnanimous of you
    Cheers, Phil. It was simply the sensible thing to do, as life's too short to hold grudges forever. Only those with the biggest [mostly unjustified] chips on their shoulders behave that way.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Dennis.

Marco, one danger of the "no more negative references" standpoint is that it may prevent objective reporting of negative events, and this is, or can be effectively a censorship of truth.

Political correctness can also operate in this way, for eg., I was recently in my local health shop and expressed a dislike of something to the owner.

She pulled me to one side and asked me to refrain from this or do it very quietly.
    I replied;
    "So I cannot express a preference for blondes over brunettes, or apples over oranges because it may be interpreted as offensive to the non preferred?"

The crux is whether or not Ad Hominem comments are being made, rather than a statement of facts, even those of a previous interaction. It is gratuitous abuse which is the real evil.

I'm joe.

So what, in such a case, would you expect AoS to do about it? At times, I guess most of us have been subjected to moderation decisions with which we're unhappy. We essentially have two choices: leave the forum which moderates us unfairly, or put up with it, since the third option, arguing with the moderators' decision, is a sure-fire way of getting banned. Taking the grievance to AN Other forum is unlikely to help.

I'm alain.

I Hope you find we are a bit more open minded here! Their loss is our gain. Some of those other sites have contributors who all think exactly the same so what do they ever learn that is new? Anyway welcome from me
    Marantz HD AMP 1, Marantz HD CD1 both on Oak Cone feet, Dynaudio Emit M10 speakers on Norstone Stylum Stands with Soundcare Superspikes.
    HiFi in Touch Oak distribution block, RA Mains powerkord 100, RA Yello with Wattgate IECs and MCRU Ag plated mains plugs, Atlas Ascent Ultra digital coax, TQ Ultra Blue speaker cable

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Marco, one danger of the "no more negative references" standpoint is that it may prevent objective reporting of negative events, and this is, or can be effectively a censorship of truth.
    Just keep things general and non-specific to any particular forum, Dennis, and all will be fine

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Dennis.

So specifics which are true are not allowed then?

Yes, but simply don't name the forums that the "true specifics" are relevant to.

Not sure why you're making such a fuss about this, as I don't recall you having named or singled out any specific forums so far for criticism, therefore it shouldn't be too much of a hardship to continue in that vein...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Oliver.

Simon,
    When I feel down I do the following :-

Make myself a large mug of camomile tea.
    Settle into my comfy listening chair, put on some cheerful music & just let the sounds wash over me until I almost fall asleep.

Relaxing this way helps to keep my stress levels & BP down.

Hope this helps ?

Oliver

I'm Nial.

Simon, I've never found this forum less than welcoming and helpful. Some interesting and knowledgeable people post here - I think you'll fit in great.
    All the best

Nial

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    And still the question remains: why are there so few women on hifi forums?
    Simply because there are far fewer women who are HiFi geeks compared to men. Men are, in general, more natural tinkerers, but of course, there are still women out there who are hardcore tweaks.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast