Closed Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible....... Trolls on Forums

I'm Simon.

That's a really nice reply. Thank you and god bless too.

I'm Russell.

I know the feeling, forums are supposed to be fun! I've been on several, and have ditched them all to hang here. These guys are great! You can find some genuine intelligent conversation here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Rich.

Hang around in here for a while and you'll soon be back in love with hifi and feel like you are among friends

I'm mick.

Have a laugh at their expense,let them see their best shot has no effect [leaves them with nothing left and nowhere to go]and your still standing.Have a laugh with members on here ,self effacing and two way ,hopefully will lift the spirits.Leave these people behind ,where they belong.Cheers Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm martin.

Just flip them the bird and move on, they have in fact done you a favour as you have now landed here, the futures bright, the futures AoS. Happy listening. Martin.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Loz.

I thought it really brave of you to share your feelings here Simon, many people bottle up their feelings of depression and desperation. Know that you are not alone mate. Many of us are at some point or another troubled by the black dog. Remember there is help out there should you need it.

Sorry to hear of your troubles on the other forum. None of that here. Sure you get disagreements from time to time but it's never unpleasant. Very nice folks on AoS. Stick around you'll enjoy it.

Cheers

Loz

Bigman80 Guest

If you have any doubt about the type of people who frequent this forum, have a look at the thread regarding "Sovereign" its like a family on here. We may disagree, argue even but when it matters everyone comes together.

Thats how I feel anyway.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    I thought it really brave of you to share your feelings here Simon, many people bottle up their feelings of depression and desperation. Know that you are not alone mate. Many of us are at some point or another troubled by the black dog. Remember there is help out there should you need it.
    +1 (with bells on). It's obvious that Simon found it cathartic to 'let it all out', which I think reflects well on the close-knit 'vibe' and friendly community spirit we've got here on AoS, so I hope he feels better after expending his emotions, and that his head is in a much better place now

Rest assured that no-one would *ever* experience here what Simon did on that other forum, as the very second any of the mods or I knew about the treatment he was receiving, it would've been dealt with and those responsible banned. Furthermore, none of the mods here would have instigated or exacerbated the situation, as appears to have happened with Simon on the forum concerned.

Simon, I would ask that you reveal on which forum you experienced your terrible ordeal, as we have no fixed policy on such matters, save the discussion of one particular place (Hifi Subjectivist), and I suspect that's not where this happened.

I myself recently experienced quite shocking treatment on another forum, the details of which and forum involved I most certainly will be mentioning here shortly. I just need to collate all the necessary information I've saved and type it up.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Josie.

Hi Simon.

Thank you for sharing your deepest feelings. It's an honour to have you here as a member.

Rest assured, we kick out anyone Trolling seriously quickly. Stay with us, we are a friendly bunch. I always see AOS like being in a pub circled with friends and having a great time. If you have any agro just let one of us know.

Sometimes some threads can get a little heated but it's at that point where common sense jumps in to know when to walk away from it. Grudges should be left at the door.

We like to share our knowledge here too and there are so many here who are incredibly knowledgeable so if you have any questions, just ask.

Sit back and enjoy AOS... it's a top place
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    If you have any doubt about the type of people who frequent this forum, have a look at the thread regarding "Sovereign" its like a family on here. We may disagree, argue even but when it matters everyone comes together.

Thats how I feel anyway.
    Nice one, Oliver.

Glad that's how you feel, as we try hard to engender those feelings amongst the membership, which we'd like to think are experienced by all the regulars who participate on AoS and put something of themselves into the community, and don't just see AoS as 'another hi-fi forum', from which to glean certain information (take), without also giving something positive back.

The members who do that, and go the extra mile, are ultimately those who will be rewarded themselves (with help and support from others here when needed), and truly 'get' what AoS is all about!

So if you're a newbie here, or an infrequent visitor, and want to 'feel the love' too, as it were, then embrace the community aspect of AoS, and go and meet other members in real life, through bake-offs or whatever [get to know the faces behind the names], and help others in any way when you can, as that's ultimately how you'll get the most out of AoS.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast