Closed Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible....... Trolls on Forums

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Yes Alex, it is persecutor and victim roles.

The persecutors like to bully others, probably chosen for their sensitivity and self effacing nature, and I suspect that you are right about them stewing in their own toxic source.

They almost certainly do it to boost their self esteem, they not having enough 'stick' to apply themselves to anything constructive, and so they attempt to destroy others' attempts to so do.

At the end of the first year of my apprenticeship I came first in producing a unipivot pick up arm which rested an aluminium '1/2" hole' on a 1/8" point. Another apprentice came up to it and hit it hard the arm down on the point with a ball pane hammer. You can imagine the results.
    Ouch, that was a terrible experience for an apprentice. Jealousy and envy are common (maybe commonest?) feelings among humans.

At the other end of the spectrum, let's not forget the disturbing propensity for humans to gang up on others. I've seen a lot of unwarranted witch hunt occur in many online communities. The crowd mentality (the soccer hooligan type, the worst type) often sniffs out a decent, well meaning individual. They then observe a nasty troll start taking the piss out of the constructive, well meaning behaviour of that nice, gentle person. Soon, the hooligans join the choir, and start harassing the poor soul. Things quickly escalate out of hand, the nasty bullies and but-sniffing miscreants start going around victim's back and reporting them to administrators.

And as is always the case with any human organization, squeaky wheel gets oiled, before you know it the kangaroo court is in session, and the tragic outcome is that the victim then gets tarred, feathered, ridiculed and chased out of town. Sad, really sad, but I've seen that happen to more than one nice decent person.

As a species, I think we humans suck donkey balls.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Phil.

you can see from the pre amp thread here that no one is immune from getting upset on these forums . normally they are very friendly places including the ones you mention . sadly there is always some who put your teeth on edge . i guess this is life and hopefully we can work through it and learn from it
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Dennis.

If we think this is bad, compare it with what the young are suffering, they having used IT as an inherent part of their social lives from the start.

There are frequent reports on media about bullying at school and postings of pictures or threats of it, and they are to inherit the mess we have made of things, have little money, massive university debts, and then try to buy a house.

Most of these woes were depicted in the 60s/70s revolution - we all have the music saying it.

I'm Phil.

good point dennis , I despair how our young will get out of generation rent trap
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Grant.

Revolution Young Man. Revolution
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm matt.

About 3 or 4 trolls abused me on another forum - I lost It and lowered myself down to their level (maybe a bit lower). Think I lost a good hifi buddy In the process (he was obviously watching).

They say "Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." but that's not so easy when you're annoyed and you've had a few drinks.

I'm Alan.

Dead right Grant....but when are the people going to stand up and say...That's it...no more..enough is enough...

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Revolution Young Man. Revolution
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Dennis.

The 'Divide and rule' principle which virtually ensures there is no real change, people being 'bought off' with a little reward.

My experience is that if you try to be a 'Braveheart', you are the only one doing it, and then get persecuted by turncoates.

I'm James.

Just heard this on radio4 and thought it apt for this thread " no one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm joe.

At the end of the day, hifi is just boxes and wires. Some people take it all far too seriously IMO, to the point where they're offering to fight others on the all-important issue of whether cables make a difference.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast