+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Pre-amp: Schiit Saga - working will with my Beard P35

I'm Rob.

Default New Pre-amp: Schiit Saga - working well with my Beard P35

My latest purchase arrived this week, and I've been enjoying it all week. A Schiit Sage pre-amp purchased from Schiit's European distributor.

It's gets me even nearer to the natural sound I'm after, and works well with my Beard P35 Valve amp. The most obvious improvement over the AudioNote M-Zero pre-amp it replaces, is how the clarity is constant as the volume increases. With the AudioNote, things could get a little muddled as the volume increased. That's gone with the Schiit.

However, the clarity throughout has improved. I played some Suzanne Vega last night and could hear some instruments in the background, that I didn't even realise where there.

For an amp that has cost me about the same new, as the AudioNote cost me second hand, I'm amazed. £360 for a pre-amp of this quality is incredible.

For a more informative review of this amp, I'd recommend the Hi-Fi World April 2017 review, where it is favourable compared the a Music First Audio pre-amp.

Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Geoff.

Interesting. Shame it doesn't come in black .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Now that sounds like the business
    From the description I can see that being extremely good.

Funny how $349 = £360, but that's always the way

I'm Grant.

Import costs. Like Schiit stuff. Its always well made and solid. I agree re colour choice especially for something like a pre that has to be on show
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

I initially started a basket on the U.S site, but realised with shipping and import taxes, the price went up alarmingly quickly. Then I found the "International" section of the FAQs, and that led me to the European distributor (whose actually U.K. based). It took about three days to arrive from ordering.

I've got a bit of a hotch-potch of kit, so the silver colour doesn't bother me too much. Especially seeing it has the M2Tech Young DAC next to it.
    Rob.