+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Photobucket troubles

I'm Dave.

Default Photobucket troubles

Photobucket appear to have changed their layout a bit and I am having terrible trouble downloading pics to the forum.

Now, let me say that I am a complete computer numpty but I just used to click on the link from the box at the side of my chosen pic and it would highlight in yellow and I would then paste it onto the forum. Now, it doesn't highlight in yellow and no matter which way I try, I can't post the link on the forum. I did manage one pic but haven't been able to do any more, despite wasting 30 minutes of my life.

Help !!!

I'm Martin.

I have the same issue and have noticed it mentioned on other forums too. My solution was to stop using it. Even before this latest bug it was becoming unusable anyway with the ads and 'long running scripts'.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Trouble is, I have hundreds of pics on Photobucket, so I have no option but to use it.

I'm Martin.

Save them to your computer and then transfer them onto a new sharing site.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agree Photobucket has of late become of difficult to use, both with pasting links to existing images as well as taking forever to up-load new images. With regard to the latter, not only does the upload take ages to execute, it will frequently fail and one has to try again.

Regarding the latter, it seems that simply clicking on the url box at the side of the image no longer copies the link. You now have to swipe across the url so it highlights and then right click on 'Copy'. More effort but it does work; though as you say, it rather discourages one to add pertinent images to posts.

I don't know whether it is simply an increase in the use of the Photobucket site; increasing number of users and thus increased traffic, but even logging on can now be a slow process.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

I've been using 'tinypic' for years. It's free, works well and requires no account. The advertising thrust at you can be a bit annoying, bit that's not exactly a major problem.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I now use 'Imgur Image Host' after loads of problems with Photobucket...

It's free and works really well
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread