+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jazz at the pawnshop (sort of)

I'm Roger.

Default Jazz at the pawnshop (sort of)

I have recently been enjoying "jazz at the pawnshop" and it's feeling of intimacy. I'm curious if there are any other recordings, irrespective of genre, that catch the same vibe?

Any suggestions?

I'm Jez.

I believe there is a "Jazz at the pawnshop 2" available and maybe a "3" as well... Can't remember if they're actually called "2" etc or "more jazz at.."/whatever.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Mike.

Jazz at the Pawnshop 2 is/was available but no No.3

I'm Grant.

The first one is best imo.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm graham.

have eva taylor live at pawnshop on opus,excellent

I'm Retief.

Most of the Proprius lables capture that vibe, worth exploring further. A personal favourite is Antiphone Blues if you like organ and sax. Back to back by Duke and Johnny Hodges is also great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retief
    Analogue: Origin Live Resolution mk2,OL Encounter mk3c,MM III and isolator.Digital:CA 840C.Amplification:Croft RIAA R, Icon Audio LA4mkii,Icon Audio MB845 signature version.Speakers: Kef Reference 203/2 Cables: Mark Grant G2000HD. Speaker cable Van Damme Hi-Fi UP-LCOFC.Headphone: Grado PS1000,HD650,HD600,Icon Audio HP8 RCM DIY Moth

I'm Andy.

This is another excellent album from the Pawnshop collection
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Retief.

Do you know of a good place where I can buy that album. Found one on Discogs but it's quite pricey!

Retief
    Analogue: Origin Live Resolution mk2,OL Encounter mk3c,MM III and isolator.Digital:CA 840C.Amplification:Croft RIAA R, Icon Audio LA4mkii,Icon Audio MB845 signature version.Speakers: Kef Reference 203/2 Cables: Mark Grant G2000HD. Speaker cable Van Damme Hi-Fi UP-LCOFC.Headphone: Grado PS1000,HD650,HD600,Icon Audio HP8 RCM DIY Moth

I'm Andy.

Sorry for the late reply, have been away with work.
    I bought mine from one of the HiFi shows, Manchester I think years ago.
    Never really seen it advertised recently, it is well worth searching out though.

Take a look here;
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jazz-at-Paw.../dp/B000BZDGF0

Quote Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
    Do you know of a good place where I can buy that album. Found one on Discogs but it's quite pricey!

HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm john.

Nighthawks at the diner. Tom Waits

If i'm right, from what I understand, they set up in the studio for the recording, the brought tables and chairs in an created a "bar" in the studio.. I Love that recording.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast