+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My HiFi system.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm alain.

Default My HiFi system.

My current hi fi system. Over the years I went up to an Audiolab 8000P preamp with 8000M mono blocks, Exposure CD player and EPOS floorstanders with some expensive cables, and a Mana system rack , then I sold that and went back to basics with a Marantz MCR603 all in one unit and Dali Zensor 1 speakers. Now my present system is this Marantz system :

P1050117ss.jpg

P1050118ss.jpg

Marantz HD AMP1 and Marantz HD CD1

P1050124ss.jpg

Dynaudio Emit M10.
    (The cushions are my attempt to control excessive echoing and brightness from the stone floors and painted plaster walls.) Living in the Algarve heavy carpets and wallpaper are a no no!

P1050122ss.jpg

RA Distribution block and Mains Powerkord 100

P1050126ss.jpg

The reason I do all this!
    Marantz HD AMP 1, Marantz HD CD1 both on Oak Cone feet, Dynaudio Emit M10 speakers on Norstone Stylum Stands with Soundcare Superspikes.
    HiFi in Touch Oak distribution block, RA Mains powerkord 100, RA Yello with Wattgate IECs and MCRU Ag plated mains plugs, Atlas Ascent Ultra digital coax, TQ Ultra Blue speaker cable

I'm Loz.

Nice looking gear there Alain, especially the Marantz stuff.

Cheers

Loz

I'm alain.

Thanks Loz. I wanted something that looked good as well as sounded good.
    Marantz HD AMP 1, Marantz HD CD1 both on Oak Cone feet, Dynaudio Emit M10 speakers on Norstone Stylum Stands with Soundcare Superspikes.
    HiFi in Touch Oak distribution block, RA Mains powerkord 100, RA Yello with Wattgate IECs and MCRU Ag plated mains plugs, Atlas Ascent Ultra digital coax, TQ Ultra Blue speaker cable

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by alainrj View Post
    My current hi fi system. Over the years I went up to an Audiolab 8000P preamp with 8000M mono blocks, Exposure CD player and EPOS floorstanders with some expensive cables, and a Mana system rack , then I sold that and went back to basics with a Marantz MCR603 all in one unit and Dali Zensor 1 speakers. Now my present system is this Marantz system :

P1050117ss.jpg

P1050118ss.jpg

Marantz HD AMP1 and Marantz HD CD1

P1050124ss.jpg

Dynaudio Emit M10.
    (The cushions are my attempt to control excessive echoing and brightness from the stone floors and painted plaster walls.) Living in the Algarve heavy carpets and wallpaper are a no no!

P1050122ss.jpg

RA Distribution block and Mains Powerkord 100

P1050126ss.jpg

The reason I do all this!
    I often wondered how folk that live in warm places deal with all the reflection probs that their rooms throw up. I've been on holiday and thought to myself that I'm glad I don't have to put my hifi in this room What do you do to damp down your room? I wouldn't have thought those two small cushions would suffice? One prob we don't have up here in the far North!

I'm alain.

Towels over chair backs, large hessian floor mat and a couple of book cases. But you're right it's been a battle! The sound is much better now then when I first moved in.

+ Reply to Thread