Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: greetings from oslo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Le.

Default greetings from oslo

hi,
    i'm new to this forum.
    i'm a set and horn-guy, and my system consists of nagaoka blh with fostex fe208es-r and t500a mk ii drivers.
    amps are the amare musica de forest diamond preamp, amare musica trinity diamond monoblocks and maney steelhead phono stage.

tbh, the system is a little weak when it comes to the deepest frequencies, but extremely strong on other qualities that is high on my priority list, such as excellent prat, a driving and powerful midbass and clear and smooth midrange and top.

cheers
    mesut

I'm Grant.

Lovely system mesut(or is it Le). As is the room. Im big on low freq stuff myself tbh and why I use fullrange to gey a broad mid. suits me fime and goes high enough and low enough for me.
    Anyway i digress, welcome to the forum my friend.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Le.

thanks, walpurgis.
    i listen to all kind of music.
    grew up with new wave of the 80's, discovered the rock, prog and folk classics of the 70's, picked up various trends during the 90's and 00's, etc.
    i also listen to classical and jazz.

my biggest heroes are bowie and townes van zandt, though

the most important thing for me is not letting my stereo system decide what kind of music i listen to, so anyhting that get past my doors must perform well on the music i like.
    Last edited by mesut; 14-04-2017 at 22:38.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mesut View Post
    the most important thing for me is not letting my stereo system decide what kind of music i listen to, so anyhting that get past my doors must perform well on the music i like.
    That's a good principle. Although I actually believe a good system should sound right with any type of music (even if I don't like it ).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Hello Mesut. Welcome to AOS.

Lovely system you have and excellent photos.

Tell us what music you listen to and if you have any future plans for your Hi-Fi.

There's a lot going on here, so take a look around and please join in with anything that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Le.

thanks, grant.
    (how do you know my real name, btw?).

my living room is 40sqm, but i've always found it hard to cope with low frequencies (tendency to booming and slowing the rythm and drive of music).

i had avantgarde hornspeakers for many years (moving from the uno up to duo and finally duo mezzo), but wasn't quite satisfied with the prat thing, even though the avantgardes had their virtues.
    the same goes for the zingali client name, which i had for a couple of years before moving on to nagaoka blh and fostex after hearing a similars system at my friends home.

i've been living with nagaoka/fostex for the last three years and am extremely happy with how the speakers perform, althouh on some recordings i do miss the last octave "downstairs".

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mesut View Post
    thanks, grant.
    (how do you know my real name, btw?).

my living room is 40sqm, but i've always found it hard to cope with low frequencies (tendency to booming and slowing the rythm and drive of music).

i had avantgarde hornspeakers for many years (moving from the uno up to duo and finally duo mezzo), but wasn't quite satisfied with the prat thing, even though the avantgardes had their virtues.
    the same goes for the zingali client name, which i had for a couple of years before moving on to nagaoka blh and fostex after hearing a similars system at my friends home.

i've been living with nagaoka/fostex for the last three years and am extremely happy with how the speakers perform, althouh on some recordings i do miss the last octave "downstairs".
    sometimes its good to not have everything. keeps us hungry for more. Re name, well Mesut is a turkish male name and just wondered if, by using it that it was part of your name. and Le is in your other name panel. Never been to Norway, but my dad was there once for a short time.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Le.

made two ampstands for the monoblocks today.

I'm Geoff.

They look smart Mesut. I hope you don't have children or pets on the loose to knock them over though.

Last edited by walpurgis; 15-04-2017 at 23:19.

I'm Le.

thanks.
    i have one smart cat and one very smart kid.
    they actually help me keeping prying hands away

as my daughter (now 12) explained to visiting friends when she was three years old:
    "you can do what you like, except touching dads stereo."

(the monos weight close to 20 kg each, and the stands are quite solid. i assume the only times the system is in danger is when i throw a big party. but then i always put the tube amps in a closet, cover up the turntable and let a solid state integrated do the job).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast