hi
my names Pete and live on a farm in middle of nowhere in the ribble valley.(Always handy to have no neighbours when missus goes shopping and i can shake the dust in the room )
Ive been a music fan and hi-fi nut since the age of 10. My first foray being an old dansette box record player which i had a friends dad put sockets for 2 speakers, even though it was mono .
Along the way ive had a technics seperate system with wharfedale diamonds. Best system back in the days was pioneer a400, marrantz 63 signature, with a pair of celestion 9 speakers (still one of the finest pair of speakers i've heard).The likes of Audiolab, exposure, monitor audio, densen, beresford, have all spent time as my pride and joy. Due to recieving some inheritance and not having any commitments my system these days comprises:
hugo2 dac (connected to my computer running roon software and tidal masters)
Bryston 28b sst monos
PMC PB1 speakers
chord cabling throughout
musical tastes are eclectic and open to most stuff just listening to snow ghosts at mo and quite liking it. Some artists to give you an idea would have to include bears den, faithless, dido, mike oldfield, yello, thomas dolby, air, royksopp, acdc, floyd, marillion, dave matthews band, rush, hybrid minds, to name but a few. Look forward to scouting the forums and always up for meeting like minded folk for a beer or 2 if im ever in the area.