+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Valve amplifier recommendations!

I'm Grant.

Dangerous things AN dealers
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm ROGER.

Not surprised, the OTO in standard guise is fabulous, not yet heard the OTO signature.
    Good choice sir !

I'm nick.

Agreed.. dangerous places for the wallet!

I could have easily lived with the standard OTO. If only i hadn't requested to listen to the Signature...

No way i'm ever going to ask to hear the high end stuff though!
    Last edited by jazzy; 26-04-2017 at 21:08. Reason: typo

We need pictures or it hasn't happened.
    Paul.

I'm Shaun.

Yeah, OK, so we all shout for what we know so with that in mind I'm shouting for Prima Luna because since 1997 I have used mainly valves and my current amps walk the bloody floor with all of my past ventures. I have a Prologue 3 preamp with phono stage and a Dialogue Premium power amp. These amplifiers are exceptionally well made with a sound to match the stunning quality. Yes, they cost a bit, so do others but these amplifiers are the best I have yet come across for the amount they cost. EL34 or KT88 powered the sound is the best I have yet heard. I do have to say though that in my system they definitely favour vinyl replay. In terms of build quality the pre weighs in at 9kg with the power being 30kg. You get what you pay for. There is no way these are flimsy tin boxes. If you are anywhere near me give me a shout and we'll listen with whisky. All the very best in your quest.

I'm nick.

If those Prima Luna Amps sound as fabulous they look your'e onto a winner! Whisky and valve amps.. mmm. Bit of a Whisky fan here too. Just back from a distillery tour of Speyside!

Hey Paul... Funny. I know what you mean. Will post pics when it looks good! The amp is on my crappy old Hifi Stand and my local dealer (Hifi that is;-)) is coming around to tweak my setup (i.e sell me some expensive cables!). Will post a pic after that!

I'm nick.

Messy Interim pic. Getting new equipment stand and cables. Sounding delicious already though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Grant.

nice wall.. what are the speakers? jbl? amp is a cracker
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm nick.

Cheers. Speakers are Audio Note ANJ-D.

Mut confess i'm already thinking how much better are the ANJ-Spe..?!.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Cheers. Speakers are Audio Note ANJ-D.

Mut confess i'm already thinking how much better are the ANJ-Spe..?!.
    Lol. That was my second choice. A note.. look similar.. great speakers as are jbl
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast