OK, apologies for the rather provocative title of this thread. I admit I wanted to attract the attention of idler-wheel TT owners.

I have a restored (original) Roksan Xerxes with an Audiomods Series 5 tonearm and Music Maker III cartridge. The amps are Croft with NOS valves and the speakers are Snell EII. Quite satisfied with the overall sound quality.

I have been reading some interesting reviews about idler-wheel TTs. And I understand that there are a few flavors of idler-wheel TTs, Lenco75 and Garrard 301/401 being the ones I have stumbled upon most times in the various posts and reviews.

I have to admit that I am intrigued and I will probably make the jump to an idler. I just hope it sounds better than my trusted Roksan Xerxes. For the time being, I just wonder whether the difference will be significant or marginal and barely noticeable...

But then again, which direction should I take? Lenco or Garrard? Although I would really like to get my hands dirty, I unfortunately do not have the time, the knowledge or the tools to dive into a DIY adventure. So, I will have to go for a ready-made solution.

Any suggestions for this idler-novice, asking for guidance?

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to share their experience. Much appreciated!

Panos