I recently bought a World Designs KEL84 off Petrat and very good it is too but it didn't have enough puff to work well with my Neat Motive speakers so I looked around for something more efficient and came across these on Ebay.

I've owned a pair before so knew I liked the sound although they are pig ugly in their dull oak vinyl wrap and even uglier after a previous owner decided to partially varnish them! Still they were cheap and the drivers were in excellent condition. I've never done any veneering before but decided to have a go using sticky back veneer in maple.

I also decided to try and improve the crossovers and internal wiring so now some Supra cable goes to the drivers without using those nasty little clips as per original and the crossovers have been moved to external boxes with some new elements. Paul (Reffc) gave me a lot of help with these although he did tell me off for buying the relatively expensive Jantzen caps

The original crossover sat behind the top mid-bass unit

and the new one in its box

They're still running in but sounding good already on the end of the KEL84 so big thanks to Paul for his assistance. (I've posted this build elsewhere but thought AoS members might be interested.)