+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LINDA HOYLE: ‘The Fetch’ double vinyl LP compared to the CD issue

I'm Howard.

Default LINDA HOYLE: ‘The Fetch’ double vinyl LP compared to the CD issue

HP (features editor) holds a Q&A session with Tony Andrews (contributions editor - jazz) about as near a definitive way of contrasting vinyl replay to digital replay. As you'll read, initially things didn't go entirely to plan, but then it worked out - pretty much. Anyway, here's the intro.

Neil, I and many readers really didn’t know about Linda before you wrote your review and so, thank you. Now what?

Anyone who read my review of The Fetch will already know that this has to be my favourite CD at the moment by a huge margin. The musicianship and Linda's magical voice just lifts me on to a higher plain of understanding what true excellence really means in practice rather than in theory. With the current resurgence of vinyl it made perfect sense to me to hear the double LP.

And your first impressions?

My first impressions before even playing it was the fantastic quality of the product itself with a reassuring physical weight which confirms the superior quality of the pressings. Once the cover is opened you’ll see that the design is so thoughtfully created with information in abundance.

In terms of info, superior to the CD?

The CD is very well recorded and a joy to listen to but CD packaging ….. however well done ..... can be quite uninspiring as with most CDs. The double vinyl is such a joy to own.

A collector’s item in the making?

Yes. It is a bit like owning a superior coffee table book. It has real substance. This is a quality product; one which I’ll treasure forever.

Okay, thanks, and …. ?

Even the protective sleeves are of superior quality with heavy-duty polythene inners to protect the records. The musical content is the same as the CD with the addition of one extra track title Who's There?

You own a lot of vinyl, right?

I own a lot of vinyl much of which is on labels which were hailed as .....

---//---

Note: They did eventually get around to discussing the sonic differences.

Continues at http://www.hifianswers.com/2017/04/l...-the-cd-issue/
    Well, hello.

I'm Josie.

Not many do know of Linda. I only found about her first band, Affinity a few years ago.

Love that album.

Linda had such a strong voice. The UK's equivalent to Grace Slick.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread