+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thorens TD125 Turntable in upgraded plinth

I'm Geoff.

Default Thorens TD125 Turntable in upgraded plinth

This is a project that I started a couple of years ago and have never quite got round to finishing. It's been sat in the spare room since and given that I'm currently happy enough with my Techie, it would probably end up sitting there for a while yet. For some reason my wife doesn't think a record player is ideal decoration for visitors staying over so I thought I'd see if there was any interest as it is - personally I think the wallpaper is more of an issue (see below).

It's a TD125 Mk1. It is mounted in a very nice solid wood (cherry I think) plinth from that nice man on ebay. It's very well made, extremely solid and fits the deck perfectly. It is fitted with wooden cone feet which include the cups to sit them in.

It is currently fitted with an SME armboard. I also have a spare blank one and also another that I think is cut for a Lenco L75 arm (though why you'd want one of those I've no idea). All three boards are included with the sale.
    You can have a choice of either the white Achromat pictured or a black one. It also comes with the standard Thorens mat and the original 45 adaptor presuming I can find it.

There is no arm included although I do have an SME III spare at the moment which could be available separately at additional cost. I used the deck with an 3009 S2 improved (which is currently on my Techie). It sounded lovely with that on.

It is in working order. Speed is stable and correct (after a few seconds) at 33rpm. The speed is out of adjustment at 45rpm (too fast I think from memory) so it is safe to assume that the motor board needs setting up again as a minimum - this is the bit I haven't got round to. The adjuster works fine without making the speed jump about much when adjusting.
    I bought a new genuine Thorens belt for it a couple of years ago. This has barely been used but does slip a bit now when accelerating the platter. Experience since is that the Thakker branded ones for much less money are just as good.
    Even the strobe light still works!
    Suspension appears wonky in the picture as it was obviously set up with the arm fitted.

Cosmetically it's pretty good. There are small age related marks on the deck but nothing significant. The plinth is pretty well as new. I spent an age polishing up the outer platter when I fitted the plinth. I'll go over this again with the polish to clean it up again.

I'd like £300 for it please which based on ebay sold prices (bearing in mind the plinth cost getting on for half of that) is hopefully a fair price.
    Strictly collection only from just outside Bicester (M40 J9).

Pictures (excuse the wallpaper, we haven't got round to decorating the spare room since we moved in!):

I'm Geoff.

Back to work bump

I'm Geoff.

Up again...

I'm Dave.

Have a bump on me. A lovely turntable at a very reasonable price.

I'm Geoff.

Thanks Dave. Back up again.

I'm Geoff.

Weekly bump

I'm Geoff.

^^^^

I'm Geoff.

I'll sell this complete with the SME III that I also have listed but WITHOUT THE CARTRIDGE for £500 if collected and paid for before the end of thursday this week. I need some holiday money! Price for this offer is firm.

I'm Geoff.

Bump

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff101 View Post
    I'll sell this complete with the SME III that I also have listed but WITHOUT THE CARTRIDGE for [B]£500
    Stick a compatible cartridge in that combo and you've got a cracking set-up for silly money.

GLWS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast