+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decca on an LP 12

I'm James.

I have used my Decca on a few arms and IMHO it sounds best on a damped unipivot. It's currently on a Kuzma Stogi S arm, but also sounded great on my Hadcock. It worked pretty well on my Jelco with damping fluid, not so well on a Technoarm. I suspect Deccas won't be an ideal match for your Syrinx. I had the Hadcock combination on a STD 305M (very similar to a Linn) and it was a good combination

Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

I'm Retief.

Many thanks all. Lots to ponder. I guess the total price that I can get the Decca and arm for will also play a role. Another question that has come to mind: I assume none of the arms mentioned will be too heavy for the Linn's suspension?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retief
    Analogue: Origin Live Resolution mk2,OL Encounter mk3c,MM III and isolator.Digital:CA 840C.Amplification:Croft RIAA R, Icon Audio LA4mkii,Icon Audio MB845 signature version.Speakers: Kef Reference 203/2 Cables: Mark Grant G2000HD. Speaker cable Van Damme Hi-Fi UP-LCOFC.Headphone: Grado PS1000,HD650,HD600,Icon Audio HP8 RCM DIY Moth

I'm Dave.

I have fitted various Notts arms on LP12s with no problem. Also Hadcocks and Aros.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    I bought LP12/Aro primarily for the Aro.

IMO uni's on a suspended deck is an accident waiting to happen and the Aro was quickly moved onto Garrard 301. A much more stable platform without an arm lifting device.
    Don't understand your concerns with the unipivot arms and a suspended deck
    The Aro and lp12 is a classic combo... why is it an accident waiting to happen ?
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm brian.

Yes, inclined to agree with James here. I thought my technoarm sounded rather good with my decca untill I tried a mayware , recently bought here on this forum, just in a different league altogether. Sublime.
    Decca recommends uni s of course. good luck.

I'm mark.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Don't understand your concerns with the unipivot arms and a suspended deck
    The Aro and lp12 is a classic combo... why is it an accident waiting to happen ?
    Bouncy deck with a wobbly arm and only a finger hook to lift it off. I wasn't happy lifting the needle half way across a record.
    Felt like grabbing a cat from an open window

I'm Retief.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    Bouncy deck with a wobbly arm and only a finger hook to lift it off. I wasn't happy lifting the needle half way across a record.
    Felt like grabbing a cat from an open window

Well this is for a 2nd table, so I'll make sure to use it only while I'm on the wine, when I switch over to whisky I'll also switch over to my non-bouncy deck or even safer digital!
    Retief
    Analogue: Origin Live Resolution mk2,OL Encounter mk3c,MM III and isolator.Digital:CA 840C.Amplification:Croft RIAA R, Icon Audio LA4mkii,Icon Audio MB845 signature version.Speakers: Kef Reference 203/2 Cables: Mark Grant G2000HD. Speaker cable Van Damme Hi-Fi UP-LCOFC.Headphone: Grado PS1000,HD650,HD600,Icon Audio HP8 RCM DIY Moth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12