+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leak Trough Line III buzz

I'm ahto.

Default Leak Trough Line III buzz

I have a Leak Trough Line III tuner which whilst performing admirably otherwise emits a strange bass buzz via the speakers when the AFC (Automatic Frequency Control) switch is set to "off." Switching it on removes the buzz, but also quite a bit of the wonderful 3D-ness of the unit's sound.

The buzz is not a hum, but a grossly over-amplified lower bass frequency, which is almost inaudible in the sweet spot, but very strongly present in front (and behind) of each of the speakers.

The Trough Line has been fitted with the GT Audio decoder (non-audiophile), but I suspect the problem is located elsewhere. I'd be grateful for any informed suggestions before I take it to a an engineer here who very likely hasn't seen a Leak tuner before.
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Alan.

It's likely it will need a bit of a tweak on the alignment, these things do tend to drift a bit over extended periods.

I'm ahto.

thank you for this, I see there's a fair bit of information available on the net for a would be repairman
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Jez.

I have loads of these to sell if anyone is after one. They would be working but "sold as seen". Until/unless they go back up to £400 a go as they were about 1992 or so it is a long way off being economically viable to realign and or refurbish them.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm ahto.

the GT Audio decoder I think should put mine a cut or two above stock units.

+ Reply to Thread