+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: black mamba -legal marijuana

I'm Geoff.

Good post!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Well there was a time in this country when MPs were only elected by a few people, rotten boroughs and so forth. Go back a bit further and Roman politics were quite shady too.

Everyone always thinks they are living in the worst of times.
    Indeed. Way back to Hesiod (7th century BC), who wrote that the Gods had created five ages: Gold, Silver, Bronze, Heroic and finally the Iron Age, in which he was living, and of which he tells us that he would rather not have been born than have to live at such a time.

I'm Geoff.

Dunno about eras, but the fiftes were (generally) a period worth living through.

The western world was mending itself after WW2 and optimism was high. There was decently paid work for all and finding a home was not a big deal.

It was not all great though. The fashions were terrible and the music was mostly questionable. Cancer was far less common (or less diagnosed?), but largely incurable and Polio was still about.

The sixties were somewhat similar but more affluent and became quite interesting after about 1965.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

So the bits I missed. Thanks for that

88 to 95 that was my time. That was good era despite the recession. Lots of good music and films.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Lots of good music
    I can't believe you said that Martin.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I can't believe you said that Martin.
    Could list loads but you would not of heard of them, they would all be those popular beat combos. Get back to yer Perry Como or whatever his name is
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Could list loads but you would not of heard of them, they would all be those popular beat combos. Get back to yer Perry Como or whatever his name is
    Had a bit of Shpongle and Younger Brother playing last! Double So there !

I'm Rich.

They have a lot less power than their historical equivalents. Could not believe the wailing when Trump was elected, do people really think these people can just do what they want no matter how crazy? Like some sort of latter-day Caligulas?

Okay Putin has a fair amount of latitude, but nothing like Stalin had. And he is arguably quite smart, especially compared to Trump.
    Dunno bout that Martin, 6 month's ago I wouldn't have thought the USA had any appetite for a scrap with North Korea but now it looks a possibility. Obviously that's not just the trumpster pulling the strings but on appearances I'd say he seemed well up for it.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Martin.

One of Trump's schticks was to pull America out of foreign conflicts, that was a very popular policy. I guess he is now finding out it isn't that easy, domestic security is inextricably linked to global policy.

Even so he can only order limited action as President. A proper invasion and war would require congressional approval.

N Korea is not Iraq with lots of nice, flat desert where they can give the tanks a good workout. It is mostly mountains and urban environment. Can't really see a ground invasion happening. The Chinese might consider that as an option but no-one else will.

More likely will be a protracted bombing campaign to try and force regime change or force them into a disastrous invasion of the south, which would grant the U.S a free hand to do whatever they wanted after that.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Russell.

One of Trump's schticks was to pull America out of foreign conflicts, that was a very popular policy. I guess he is now finding out it isn't that easy, domestic security is inextricably linked to global policy.

Even so he can only order limited action as President. A proper invasion and war would require congressional approval.

N Korea is not Iraq with lots of nice, flat desert where they can give the tanks a good workout. It is mostly mountains and urban environment. Can't really see a ground invasion happening. The Chinese might consider that as an option but no-one else will.

More likely will be a protracted bombing campaign to try and force regime change or force them into a disastrous invasion of the south, which would grant the U.S a free hand to do whatever they wanted after that.
    Yea, I don't see any of that happening. The Chinese have already given official warning to NK, that if any of their nuclear fumes leave their airspace, the Chinese will make swift work of it. Funny that announcement came just 3 days after their leader's meeting with Trump. While the US flexes its muscles in the Pacific, just a show of force to discourage any NK nuclear subs from thinking they are undetected.

I saw an article the other day about a man who has escaped NK, living in SK, and making balloons to drop leaflets in NK, telling people that the US is not stealing their food, keeping them down. Apparently this is the narrative their government has been using all this time to treat their people like dirt while 99% of productivity goes toward military and the emperors riches. So all the talk about attacking the US is just to reinforce the lies they've been living all these years. To actually attack, and blow that story line is not what they want. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast