+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: black mamba -legal marijuana

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Post Brexit we could legalise drugs and prostitution and become a big, offshore Amsterdam.

Would save us scousers having to travel so far for our stag dos.
    Thought al that was available in Blackpool anyway or have they cleaned the place up.

I'm David.

Seems to me that from a purely pragmatic point of view distributing free weed in prison would go long way to solving many of the issues re overcrowding and violence.

Legal cannabis has been around a while now in a number of U.S states and the sky has not fallen in. They could do that here and use the revenue (which would be billions) to fund the currently diabolical mental health services - government would own the means of production and distribution so no profiteering as in the U.S, after costs you could plough 100% of funds right where they are needed. Probably be enough to have a world-class service and still be plenty left over.
    If they legalise over here the profits will just go to big business like anything else, or it will be outsourced to capita can you imagine how awful there weed would be so a black market will thrive as now and dodgy people will make money from it.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronksley View Post
    If they legalise over here the profits will just go to big business like anything else, or it will be outsourced to capita can you imagine how awful there weed would be so a black market will thrive as now and dodgy people will make money from it.
    That would probably be the reality if it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Alas yes. Seems that expecting politicians and the law to behave in a moral and honest manner on things is never likely. I know politics was always shady, but its probably never been shadier.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Well there was a time in this country when MPs were only elected by a few people, rotten boroughs and so forth. Go back a bit further and Roman politics were quite shady too.

Everyone always thinks they are living in the worst of times.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Rich.

Look at the craft beer business in the UK now to see the direction the weed business would go.

Those who want strength could have, those who want flavour can have it, those who want a 'session' smoke could have it.

People would pay for something more artisanal whilst those who are happy with the equivalent of Carling could be catered for by the mainstream producers. It would be a significant business for sure.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Grant.

Well there was a time in this country when MPs were only elected by a few people, rotten boroughs and so forth. Go back a bit further and Roman politics were quite shady too.

Everyone always thinks they are living in the worst of times.
    I,ll up you with May, Trump, Putin etc.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I,ll up you with May, Trump, Putin etc.
    They have a lot less power than their historical equivalents. Could not believe the wailing when Trump was elected, do people really think these people can just do what they want no matter how crazy? Like some sort of latter-day Caligulas?

Okay Putin has a fair amount of latitude, but nothing like Stalin had. And he is arguably quite smart, especially compared to Trump.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

The last person to enter parliament with honest intentions was Guy Fawkes.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Russell.

When Colorado legalized it, the anti drug folks were having cats! Drug abuse was going to spread! Young children smoking and the streets would not be safe for all of the high driving people tearing up the pavement! But, the law changed, and nothing happened. Studies show that no more people smoke than did before. Very few people started just because it was legal. Now for some reason it's not as cool, and school kids are actually a falling demographic. And license checks, and accident studies show that there has been no decrease in traffic safety.

And now that it's been a few years, they find that prescription opioid use is down by 30%. Hard drugs like heroine and cocaine are down by 40%. And even drunken driving is down by 2%. And, that one state claimed $100 Million dollars in tax revenues in 3 months! Believe me, they have everyone's attention. Last year 6 more states passed their own marijuana laws to legalize in some way. Most with the provision that you can grow a small amount of your own.

But the Feds spend over $13 billion a year fighting weed alone, and that's big business. There are many in law enforcement getting bloody rich off of fighting against it. They want money to build a wall? There it is. $13 billion a year is way more than enough for that project. I'm in VA, and we are a Commonwealth, and I don't know what that means, but it means we are the last to do anything like legalize weed, even Washington DC has legalized it to some degree. And just because its legal, don't get too comfortable. Businesses still pee test for it, and you still must pee test to get prescriptions , and nothing there has changed either. But the tides are turning. As more change over, and all that money is dangling in their faces, they will all join in sooner or later, and perhaps the paranoid will learn that everyone who wants to smoke it is already smoking it, and legalizing it will change nothing socially. Just bring in a lot more money, put some gangsters out of work, and free up the police to do some real police work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast