+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project 1200

I'm Ken.

Make sure you start with a coat of etch primer, designed for Ally/galvanised.

Normal primer filler used in body shops does not stick well to ally die castings, it will easily chip off, along with whatever you have applied on top of it.

You would be amazed how many so called pro's can't be bothered to apply the etch primer, shams the job for a hapeth etc.
    It's not so critical on mild steel, but essential on die castings.

I'm Alex.

Matt black was a consideration, it would go well with my Croft amps. I am though going to stick with my original plan of a gloss black finish.

Thanks for the advice Ken, your work is inspiring!

Sorry to bore you all with another picture which probably looks identical to the previous 2 or 3 I've posted but due to the boredom I've endured filling and sanding, filling and sanding, filling and sanding, it is only fair you all share some of the boredom with me! I am finally happy with the prep work, so now all ready to go to the painter.

Next step is for me to attempt to build an external DC PSU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

I can't wait to see your finished product! Now you can take the car polish to it! A nice coat of carnauba wax?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Alex.

I do have some good quality car polish, it's designed for lighter colours but I'm sure it will do the trick, followed by some carnauba wax

I'm Alex.

Well, after a very long wait the painter apparently can no longer paint this for me.

I guess I will be ordering some rattle cans....

I'm Mick.

Thats a pain after the wait to be painted.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Russell.

I'm sure you can make a go of it. At the AutoParts store they've got some very good rattle cans. Once it's painted, go over it with a polish to get that shine, and it can look just as good as if he had painted it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Richie.

buy one of the little spray guns they use to paint models cars.

I'm Alex.

After a long waste of time more progress has been made. I've bought some rattle cans from Halfords: etch primer, BMW jet black and lacquer.

3 coats of etch primer later:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Thats the spirit!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast