+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project 1200

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by alcarmichael View Post
    My initial plan was to attempt the spraying myself, a friendly painter at work though has kindly offered his services so it will be done professionally meaning it should be at a far higher standard than I'd achieve. I'm currently thinking a piano black finish would both look nice and tie in well with rest of my kit.
    Yes, a piano black finish would look awfully nice. Just be aware that every spec of dust within 3 counties will be drawn to your deck
    We the willing, working for the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
    We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I'm Hugo.

I got mine done in piano black by a bike painter, in the black that he uses for Harleys

Looks beautiful, but boy does it love dust. Look at it wrong and micro-scratches show up

Bigman80 Guest

Gun metal grey would look superb.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Alex.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Comments are helping my motivation.

It was suggested by Russel earlier in the thread that I should cover the whole plinth with automotive glazing - he then went on to comment that he doesn't really need to tell me what to do as I know what I'm doing. Well, he was right with one of these comments!

I have now filled the filling in my filled resin and I still need to fill again. This plinth isn't as flat and true as one would imagine! I need to get it perfectly flat as if I do go ahead with the gloss black finish it will show up any imperfections.

I'm not too fussed about the dust, it will be kept under an acrylic cover to keep most of the dust off. I do like Olivers idea of gunmetal though. Any other thoughts and suggestions please feel free....

Here is where I am at the moment, the plinth seems to have a big dip in it around the pitch slider but this is almost sorted now. One more filling session (I hope)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

👍

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Paul.

Bronze.
    Deep, rich, metallic bronze.
    All over.
    Would set the silver trim off beautifully
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Alex.

Bronze does sound very nice as well. I like this suggestion. A lot.

I'm Mick.

Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Richard.

Impressive project.

What colour is your room and the rest of your hifi stuff?

Matt black, safest option but looks great. Midnight blue can be cool. In the right space, white would be a great contrast with the black of the 1210.

(Alex your inbox is full.)

I'm Mel.

Mine got a satin black powder coat and I am very pleased with it.

Nice sheen but not too glossy

Mel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast