+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project 1200

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Alex.

Default Project 1200

I have been inspired by the - quite frankly amazing - projects created by some of the forum members, I've decided to give it a go myself. Firstly thank you to everyone who has documented their projects, without these previous threads I'd have no chance; my electrical/electronics understanding is poor!

My plan is to keep it relatively simple for my first attempt then maybe move on to bigger and better things in the future. I bought a shabby looking Technics 1200 Mk2 off of eBay and today I finally stripped it down. I never took any pictures of it pre cleaning but it was minging! So much dust, filth and interesting looking dead bugs!

After stripping and cleaning I'm left with this

I like the idea of having a nice clean looking deck, so the lamp, power switch and pitch fader won't be going back in. Their old homes - along with the recess for the 45 adapter - will be filled with a resin. Here I have (hopefully) sealed all gaps with metal tape.

Then this horrible stuff will fill all the gaps I no longer need.

Like so:

This has been left to cure overnight ready for sanding tomorrow. It would seem now though that tomorrow is BBQ day so after finally starting, the project is on temporary hold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by alcarmichael; 08-04-2017 at 21:41.

+ Reply to Thread